Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2005, 02:07 PM   #601
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

According to Sports Illustrated the Red Sox have floated the idea of a three-year, $25 million dollar offer to Johnny Damon.
Damon, at this point, wants at least four years and a higher annual salary. Signing Damon before he tests free agency should be a priority for the Red Sox, as the Yankees are likely to be all over him during the hot stove season. Jul. 22 - 12:10 pm et

Hopefully my copy of this weeks SI comes tomorrow
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2005, 04:30 PM   #602
All Star

OVR: 25

If I were the Red Sox I wouldnt give Damon 4 years, 3 should be good enough. The guy gets banged up pretty bad during the course of a year and there's no way he's playing at this level 4 years from now.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:51 PM   #603
MVP

we've stranded way too many runners tonight

And now AJ bit us in the ***

With that said, Garland is very good pitcher, but color me unimpressed by the White Sox so far.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 07-22-2005, 11:01 PM   #604
All Star

OVR: 25

Crappy loss tonight. Looked like it was going to be a good pitcher's duel until the 6th.

On a side note, congrats to Adam Stern on his first career home run. I'd like to see some more of this kid, too bad there isn't much room for him to play.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:21 AM   #605
MVP

Granted he's come in during mop up duty when we are usually down by a large margin, but Jeremi Gonzalez has impressed me a good bit.

I'd really like to see him in other situations besides the long man out of the pen or the janitor when we're down and out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2005, 02:00 PM   #606
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Does the Ponson for Nevin swap pave the way for the Sox to take AJB?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2114944

It'd almost be unspeakable for the O's to take on two guys that would play the same positions and be owed a ton of cash in Lowell and Nevin. Also, if the O's are out of the bidding, maybe the Fish drop their tag and take out Lowell? All things to think about.

Buster Olney reports that Nevin still has to approve the deal, but I for one hope it goes through so we can make a run at AJ, Wagner, or whoever we're aiming for.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:24 PM   #607
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Rumor's floating around that we send get Burnett then ship him to Philly for Wagner. I haven't heard it, but it's floating around in another thread.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:55 PM   #608
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Granted he's come in during mop up duty when we are usually down by a large margin, but Jeremi Gonzalez has impressed me a good bit.

I'd really like to see him in other situations besides the long man out of the pen or the janitor when we're down and out.
Is this the same Jermi Gonzalez who played for the Cubs? The one who was out of baseball for 5 years?

You guys must be desperate for bullpen help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »