Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-27-2005, 12:08 AM   #681
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
Well, Manny gives his team chances to win and is an integral part of the offense. Brown just sucks. Manny only does this ocne or twice a year anyways, so whatever.

AND WE WIN!!! WE WIN!!! Great play by Olerud. What a heart-pounding game. We need to take the next one and face Minniesota with some momentum. Now onto the SP trades thanks to Crawford's liner.
I'm aware of the slight difference in current talent between the two, but how can you like a guy getting paid more money than you can ever imagine that just dogs it and acts like he doesn't care. It just seems like a waste of talent when he acts like that and it makes it hard to root for a guy you feel doesn't care as much as someone else.

Obviously he's not the only one who does this, but he makes it extremely obvious and he should be taking a leadership role on the team as a veteran but I don't think you want a guy that won't run 90 feet to help his team out to by your leader.

But thats just my two cents.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2005, 12:10 AM   #682
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

That was one of the better regular season games I've ever seen, as good as the 2003 Labor Day game vs. Philadelphia, and the 2004 Bill Mueller walk off game vs. Rivera.

Schilling was extremely shaky in the 10th. I just hope we can attribute that to being a little bit overworked in the last 2 days, because the Red Sox really aren't going far if he can't get guys like Damon Hollins and Travis Lee out. The old Schilling would overwhelm these guys.

How about Manny Delcarmen too? He was pretty nasty, and maybe he can somehow step up. I saw pretty solid command from him, and obviously sweet velocity, as he topped out at 95 MPH. The command is the big thing with his fastball though. The curve ball still seems a little shaky, and kind of a show-me pitch.

Obviously, Damon was outstanding. The catch he made is one of the better catches I've seen primarily because there's 0 margin for error. If he screws up at all, the game is over and they lose. Just perfect execution, and the home run was just a total 'holy f'n ****!' moment.

In addtion, they won this game IN SPITE of Manny Ramirez, who had his head up his *** all game long. I'm one of the bigger Ramirez supporters, but I wanted to chuck a brick at his head when he literally (anybody who watched knows I'm not exagerrating) walked down the 1st base line on a DP ball in the 10th inning.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:17 AM   #683
Pro

APD0290's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
Looks like we'll be calling up Halama again, because we have no one other than J. Gonz and Schill who could go into the rotation while Matt's out.
Halama was actually DFA'd, so I don't think they can call him up. Could be Abe that gets the call. Maybe even Anastacio?

Also, Nixon has a strained oblique. He'll probably go on the 15 day DL. Maybe Petagine will get a call up from Pawtucket?!

FREE PETAGINE!

Last edited by APD0290; 07-27-2005 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:26 AM   #684
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
In addtion, they won this game IN SPITE of Manny Ramirez, who had his head up his *** all game long.
Except for the 2 hits, HR, 2 RBI and 2 Runs.

I don't find it real tough to root for the guy. He's leading the AL in HR's and MLB in RBI's and people are concerned because he didn't run out what should have been an automatic double play? 95% of the players in baseball with Manny's speed don't run that out, but because it's Manny he gets criticized. Guy just can't win.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:28 AM   #685
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by APD0290
Also, Nixon has a strained oblique. He'll probably go on the 15 day DL. Maybe Petagine will get a call up from Pawtucket?!

FREE PETAGINE!
I can't see them carrying 3 1B's. Kapler was coming up this weekend anyways so he's the logical choice. I just hope they don't bring up Petagine and put Millar in RF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2005, 12:33 AM   #686
Pro

APD0290's Arena

OVR: 7

I forgot all about Gabe. I would still love to see Petagine somehow get onto this ballclub.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:33 AM   #687
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

The D-Rays have been hot in the second half and I expect them to be a huge thorn for a lot of the contending AL East teams.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 07-27-2005, 12:36 AM   #688
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

**** Baez.

The end.
What I'm Currently Listening To

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »