Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-29-2005, 04:16 PM   #721
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrunwithVick
Miller got scratched just because? Or is there a reason to it. I mean even his last start he didnt pitch well. He got bailed out by Tek and the defense. If thats the case hopefully arroyos breaking ball is On because thats all he throws.
I have no clue. This is coming from my buddy who said he read it on the old SOSH board. I'm guessing he was a little sore. I doubt he's involved in a trade.

Speaking of trades, a caller to WEEI who claimed to know somebody involved in the discussions had this to offer. Take it for what its worth.

TB - Acquires prospects from the Mets(Petit?) and Red Sox(Shoppach?) Those were the 2 prospects mentioned. Could be more involved.

NYM - Acquire Manny Ramirez.

BOS - Acquires Aubrey Huff from TB and Mike Cameron from NYM.

Any thoughts? Personally I would do this trade in a second if I were the Red Sox on 2 conditions. 1) you're not paying a significant chunk of Manny's salary. 2) You're not giving up additional top prospects.

The Red Sox would lose some production overall but their lineup would be stronger top to bottom since Huff would solve the Millar problem. It would also free up some money since Cameron makes 6.5 and Huff 4.8, compared to Manny's 20.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2005, 04:37 PM   #722
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

WEEI just confirmed that Miller is scratched. I'm guessing he's a little sore or maybe a little bit of dead arm. Arroyo will pitch tonight, Wells tomorrow and TBD on Sunday.

EDIT - Just as another update, they've said Miller will pitch Tuesday or Wednesday while Clement will pitch next Thursday or Saturday.

Sunday's game will probably be Wakefield on short rest or J. Gonzalez. Good thing we have a few days off.

Last edited by Stu; 07-29-2005 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:55 PM   #723
Pro

OVR: 8

Sox get Cameron, Huff, and Baez
DRays get Mets prospects and Hanley Ramiriz
Mets get Manny and Embree

you hear that trade? I also heard wed get kris benson and looper and cameron and baez maybe? Wow hopefully theo doesnt do anything stupid and has to hide out.

Old 07-29-2005, 09:24 PM   #724
Pro

OVR: 8

does anyone want this trade to go through?i sure as hell dont.here's a link just in case someone didnt believe

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2119978

Old 07-29-2005, 09:38 PM   #725
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Yeah, let's give up one of the best hitters in the game today for Huff and Cameron.

Honestly Theo don't trade manny just to trade him. He's one of the, if not the, best hitters today, at least get his value in a trade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2005, 09:56 PM   #726
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13

Wow I feel really bad for you guys if this trade actually happens. This may go down as one of the worst deals in MLB history. You can never replace the bat Manny gives that lineup. I am usually afriad when the Yankees we you guys because the lineup doesn't let up. I know only one guy would be leaving and you'd get two good hitters back, but the lineup without Manny looks much more benign.

If I were you guys I'd pray Theo has his drink spiked with Valium and he wakes up at 4:01 PM n Sunday.

As a Yankee fan I must say..... please Theo.... do it!!

Old 07-29-2005, 10:25 PM   #727
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

The reality is that at this time of year, anything said by anybody is taken seriously, when that normally would not be the case. We don't exactly know where these rumors are originating from. It sounds like the D-Rays would be making out like bandits in this trade from a prospect perspective. Is it impossible that they are the source of this leaked rumor? Perhaps. We have no way of knowing of course.

As a Red Sox fan, I'm really not that worried. I honestly feel that the Epstein Administration will not let us down. I trust they know what they're doing here, and if they feel that moving Manny in this particular deal suits the team best for this year and into the future, then I'm all for it.

On paper it doesn't seem this way, but I could be convinced it could, knowing that Cameron is in the Andruw Jones class of outfielders (defensively), and who knows what the deal is with Trot Nixon.

At this hour though, I take the rumor for what I think it truly is: a leaked version of what the Devil Rays would hope to attain.

I bet that by the time 4 PM strikes Sunday, the Red Sox will probably go ahead and do something that most of us weren't even aware of. This is usually their M.O.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:59 PM   #728
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
The reality is that at this time of year, anything said by anybody is taken seriously, when that normally would not be the case. We don't exactly know where these rumors are originating from. It sounds like the D-Rays would be making out like bandits in this trade from a prospect perspective. Is it impossible that they are the source of this leaked rumor? Perhaps. We have no way of knowing of course.

As a Red Sox fan, I'm really not that worried. I honestly feel that the Epstein Administration will not let us down. I trust they know what they're doing here, and if they feel that moving Manny in this particular deal suits the team best for this year and into the future, then I'm all for it.

On paper it doesn't seem this way, but I could be convinced it could, knowing that Cameron is in the Andruw Jones class of outfielders (defensively), and who knows what the deal is with Trot Nixon.

At this hour though, I take the rumor for what I think it truly is: a leaked version of what the Devil Rays would hope to attain.

I bet that by the time 4 PM strikes Sunday, the Red Sox will probably go ahead and do something that most of us weren't even aware of. This is usually their M.O.

It was actually reported by all three teams, but the deal has reportedly "hit a roadblock" because Theo realized we were getting ripped off and asked the mets for a "key Player" and the mets said no thank you and broke off talks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »