Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-02-2005, 06:25 PM   #753
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I agree. There's no reason to carry 12 pitchers and we needed a LH bat to replace Trot. Sounds like Cruz will start tonight as well.

I almost thought they'd DL Miller retroactive to his last start, to give him some more time and get Papelbon another start. I'm glad to know that Miller is healthy though.
According to redsox.com, last time I checked, it was said he had bicep tendinitis and is pitching tomorrow, with Clement going thursday.

They really need to sweep the royals, they're a team they should beat rather easily, but this team seems to struggle against the teams they should beat, and then goes and sweeps the Twins, despite their struggles.

As far as Cruz Jr. I expect him to be on this roster and playing until Nixon comes back, because the reason they got him was to give them a lefty OF while Nixon was gone, so they could match-up with pitchers better.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:24 PM   #754
All Star

OVR: 25

I'd rather see Stern get a chance to bat insted of Cruz. I don't know what happened to him over the years, but his swing just looks awful now-a-days.

Good comeback win tonight for the Sox. Manny's 29th was a laser to centerfield. Damon keeps on getting it done, and Bellhorn's job appears to be Graffanino's for the remainder of the season. Schilling really had to work for the save tonight and threw, I think, 20 fastballs before throwing a single splitter which was different. Perhaps it was because Mirabelli was catching him insted of Varitek? Or maybe it was because Schilling has seen what we have all seen and that is his splitter needs work. Wakefield did just enough to win and move to 3-0 on his birthday.

Miller goes tomorrow, I'm not sure what to expect out of him. I'm thinking another offensive type of game tomorrow. Hopefully the Sox can get the sweept. With a Yankees loss to Cleveland tonight, the Sox now have a 3 game lead in the loss column.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:14 PM   #755
MVP

OVR: 14

Tonight is a huge start for Wade Miller. I have a feeling he wont make it past the 5th and will end up on the DL. Hopefully not though, we need him to cmoe together during this stretch run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2005, 03:32 PM   #756
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
Tonight is a huge start for Wade Miller. I have a feeling he wont make it past the 5th and will end up on the DL. Hopefully not though, we need him to cmoe together during this stretch run.
I have the same feeling. He's been pretty solid so I'd like to keep him in the rotation but I'm not sure if his shoulder will hold up. If he goes down, I think Schilling goes back to the rotation, in which case they'll need Delcarmen and/or Papelbon to step up big in a setup role while Timlin assumes closer duties.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:39 PM   #757
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Wow. Scary moment with Manny and Renteria colliding. Both were down for a few minutes but seem to be ok. Renteria got Manny pretty good with a right hook.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:59 PM   #758
MVP

OVR: 14

Gotta love Millar's "That was only 200 million dollars lying face down on the ground."
Old 08-04-2005, 12:31 PM   #759
All Star

I guess thats what I expected out of Miller last night. He's been mediocre for awhile now but I'm hoping he can catch fire at some point before October.

The Sox are goin' for the sweep this afternoon. I was planning on watching most of it but I got called into work early. It will be Clement's first start since taking that line drive off his head. I anticipate a solid outing, Clement seems to pitch better during the day here at Fenway.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:57 PM   #760
All Star

Quote:
By then, there was very little chance of a deal happening for Ramirez, and, fortunately by then, Epstein had repaired much of the damage, with the help of Kevin Millar and David Ortiz. The only way there would be a deal is if Boston could reach its endgame of Mike Cameron, which involved a fourth team, the Reds, and Adam Dunn; in that, Manny would have gone to the Mets; Hanley Ramirez and Mets players would have gone to Tampa Bay; Lastings Milledge and Anibel Sanchez would have gone to Cincinnati; and Boston would have received Cameron, Dunn, Aubrey Huff and Trever Miller. Tampa Bay had killed it by Saturday morning by reminding people why they are the worst franchise in modern baseball history and upping requests, and Reds GM Dan O'Brien had serious restraints because of the impending ownership change; he could not even respond to Yankee inquiries about and Junior Griffey.
-Peter Gammons
Interesting. I'm surprised they were willing to trade Hanley Ramirez in a deal that didn't include a sure star. Perhaps this is because they are now higher on Pedroia than Ramirez? And, according to Gammons, it was Luchinno who nixed the Bigbie deal. I'm actually glad we didn't get Bigbie but that was pretty low on the part of the Red Sox to back out of that deal when Colorado had already gone out and aquired Bigbie.

Manny will sit today and Olerud has been placed on the 15 day DL. Petagine will make his Red Sox debut and bat cleanup. This guy has been tearing it up at Triple A and now he gets his shot, I hope he comes through.

Last edited by Misfit; 08-04-2005 at 01:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »