Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2005, 11:51 AM   #769
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Ug-ly.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:01 AM   #770
All Star

OVR: 25

Two awful losses to the Twins after an 8 game winning streak. I'm just glad I wasn't home to watch either of them. Hopefully Wake can salvage a game here tomorrow, he's usually good in domes.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:01 PM   #771
Pro

APD0290's Arena

OVR: 7

Cruz was DFA'd before the game tonight. Youks was called up. Looks like we traded Bono and Perez for nothing. I'm sure we could have traded them for the rights to Adam Stern instead of a 9 day rental of a worthless Jose Cruz Jr.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2005, 08:08 PM   #772
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by APD0290
Cruz was DFA'd before the game tonight. Youks was called up. Looks like we traded Bono and Perez for nothing. I'm sure we could have traded them for the rights to Adam Stern instead of a 9 day rental of a worthless Jose Cruz Jr.
I didn't think he'd last too long. I'm guessing Mueller is hurt. 2 days off in a row and now Youk is called up?

I think the Roberto Petagine experiment is pretty much over. He's just not a good fielder. Frankly, I'd rather have Millar at 1B which is pathetic. Olerud initially said he wouldn't need more than the 15 days on the DL so hopefully we'll see him back soon.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:19 PM   #773
Pro

APD0290's Arena

OVR: 7

He hasn't played nearly enough to warrant the experiment over. He won gold gloves in Japan and put up Matsui-like numbers, and also ripped AAA pitching apart.

About Mueller, he's definately hurt. Between the thing he was wearing on his arm and all of the throwing errors he's had lately, I knew something was bothering him in his arm. I could see Pro going on the 15 day DL sometime this week.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:20 PM   #774
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I didn't think he'd last too long. I'm guessing Mueller is hurt. 2 days off in a row and now Youk is called up?

I think the Roberto Petagine experiment is pretty much over. He's just not a good fielder. Frankly, I'd rather have Millar at 1B which is pathetic. Olerud initially said he wouldn't need more than the 15 days on the DL so hopefully we'll see him back soon.
Muller has something wrong with his back. I disagree about Roberto Petagine, he's a better hitter than Millar, and it's not like Millar is all that great with the glove either. Petagine won a Gold Glove in Japan, so while Gold Gloves don't mean a whole lot, he must be somewhat competent.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:48 PM   #775
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffysCliff
Petagine won a Gold Glove in Japan, so while Gold Gloves don't mean a whole lot, he must be somewhat competent.
He certainly isn't playing like a gold glover. He's gone once Olerud is healthy. We simply don't have the roster space to carry 3 1B's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2005, 09:24 PM   #776
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by APD0290
Actually, I think this speaks more to the status of Trot Nixon than anything else. If he was still in poor shape, I don't think they make this move. To me, this indicates that they expect him back within the original set timeframe. This is what I'm hoping, at least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »