Home

Official Cleveland Indians Thread

This is a discussion on Official Cleveland Indians Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2005, 05:07 PM   #1
GOAT

dales's Arena

OVR: 11
Official Cleveland Indians Thread

After watching last year I didn't think the Tribe could come up with any new ways to lose games. After seeing the Marlins put two HRs off the foul pole in the 9th inning I didn't think it'd get any worse.

Well, it just did....

Somehow Bob Wickman just turned in possibly the worst pitching performance I have ever seen in my life. The Indians had dominated the White Sox all day long with Millwood (great debut in the AL), Miller, Rhodes (great debut). Then we get to the ninth inning after an insurance run comes across to make it 3-0 Cleveland. Here's how the bottom of the 9th goes:

- Everett 1B to RF
- Konerko HR to LF
- Dye HR to LF
- Rowand 2B to CF
- IBB to Pierzynski
- Harris reaches on error by Wickman
- SF to RF to end game

Unbelievable. Everyone who came to the plate for the Sox absolutely crushed the ball. Wickman was out there serving up batting practice. His pitches were right down the crapper.

I don't remember feeling this upset about a loss since game 5 of the ALDS in 2001.

Last edited by dales; 04-06-2005 at 05:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2005, 05:16 PM   #2
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Official Cleveland Indians Thread

Well from the looks of it our starting pitching may very well be amazing this year, but if the bullpen is like last year we are screwed, I'm already tired of Wicky, need a change NOW!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 05:17 PM   #3
GOAT

dales's Arena

I think Howry would be the choice to close. Perhaps even Sourbeck. I just don't want to see Wickman out there again. Like you, I'm already tired of him.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:27 PM   #4
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Wow, just when I thought this was over when Jose Jimenez was gone....
Old 04-06-2005, 05:41 PM   #5
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales
After watching last year I didn't think the Tribe could come up with any new ways to lose games. After seeing the Marlins put two HRs off the foul pole in the 9th inning I didn't think it'd get any worse.

Well, it just did....

Somehow Bob Wickman just turned in possibly the worst pitching performance I have ever seen in my life. The Indians had dominated the White Sox all day long with Millwood (great debut in the AL), Miller, Rhodes (great debut). Then we get to the ninth inning after an insurance run comes across to make it 3-0 Cleveland. Here's how the bottom of the 9th goes:

- Everett 1B to RF
- Konerko HR to LF
- Dye HR to LF
- Rowand 2B to CF
- IBB to Pierzynski
- Harris reaches on error by Wickman
- SF to RF to end game

Unbelievable. Everyone who came to the plate for the Sox absolutely crushed the ball. Wickman was out there serving up batting practice. His pitches were right down the crapper.

I don't remember feeling this upset about a loss since game 5 of the ALDS in 2001.
I really couldn't put that as an amazing come back BUT the Sox did tee off on Wickman. Now you guys know how we felt when we had Koch as our closer beginning of last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2005, 05:43 PM   #6
GOAT

dales's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
I really couldn't put that as an amazing come back BUT the Sox did tee off on Wickman. Now you guys know how we felt when we had Koch as our closer beginning of last year.
Despite what you think, the Indians had a worse bullpen last year than anyone in the leauge. They blew 21 of their first 36 save opportunities. This is why getting Benitez would have been a great move. Having Wickman try and close out games is always a struggle. You just don't want that from your closer.

I know exactly how you felt.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:55 PM   #7
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Look if Shapiro waits as long as he did last year we are already dead in the water. I say bring up whoever we had in camp this year my mind is drawing a blank (Miller or Brown?) Who is a young fireball guy and put him in there, Wickman is not the answer maybe Jason Davis??? Whoever if Wickman blows another save in his next 5 chances he better not be getting the call next time we have a save situation hell, this incident should have been the last today, and no I'm not over reacting he has been like this from the beginning and quite frankly I'm pretty sick of it.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:02 PM   #8
Pro

Jeven316's Arena

OVR: 5

I heard Wickman was going to retire after last season but Shapiro and Wedge convinced him to comeback. Great Move! I don't think Wickman's arm has it anymore he looked really bad out there and it didn't seem like just an off day. Wickman has an ERA of, I think, 108 right now, I know only one game but I am really upset after we snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory today.
Supporter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »