Home

The 2006 New York Yankees

This is a discussion on The 2006 New York Yankees within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-25-2006, 12:06 AM   #793
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

Well, I don't know why Mo had to pitch, but other than that good win tonight. Randy was good, and Melky was great filling in at leadoff. Arod looked much better too, 2 hits and he hit the ball hard 4 out of 5 at bats.

White Sox lost, and Boston looks well on there way to a win, so we'll be 2 back of Boston and 1 of Chicago in the loss column.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:31 AM   #794
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
I find that ironic, since Yankees fans are a lot harder on Arod than ESPN is. On Baseball Tonight last night they were saying he's arguably the second best player in the game behind only Albert Pujols.
Good win tonight, everyone did their part.

Misfit, its an odd situation. ESPN hasnt really come out and said "A-Rod needs to be playing better" in fact I dont think any anaylst has been that hard on him so far. The highlights of him throwing balls away and striking out is just ESPN trying to play up the intriguing story of how A-Rod may be losing it. Along with that, the "analysts" (if you can consider Steve Phillips an analyst, its sad when Krukie has to be the voice of reason) imply that the Yankees should trade A-Rod which is absurd. Otehr than that they havent been killing him.

The Yanks havent been home during this recent slump by him so we dont really know how the fans will respond. Using the 4 or 5 Yankee fans on here flipping our lids when he strikes out as the game is going on isnt really an accurate barometer of the Yankee fans attitude towards him.

The one positive out the of the slump is how well A-Rod has handled the media. A lot of guys wouldve snapped by now but he's been his fabricated calm the whole time and thats gotta be tough, no matter how much of a front he puts up. Today he made a good analogy to how everyone was destroying Tiger when he missed the cut and he didnt let it affect him and he came back and won this weekend and he feels he'll be doing the same.

I didnt watch Mike and the Mad Dog today so i didnt hear the Guliani asked the fans to be behind A-Rod. Thats a good guy to have on your side. Even without that I think A-Rod will be receved well at the Stadium when they get back but the boos will come out if he doesnt contribute when he should be. But I think intially the reception will be warm.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:16 AM   #795
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

I feel very lonely in this thread.

Anyways... good win tonight. Guiel hit another HR and we got a well pitched game by Moose. Mo slammed the door as usual and we've now won 5 in a row in Texas.

Plus we gained a game on the White Sox in the wildcard.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 03:42 AM   #796
MVP

OVR: 10

Tied in the loss column with the White Sox for the wild card, but ESPN already told us the wild card isn't coming out of the east.
Rangers
Old 07-26-2006, 08:45 AM   #797
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyanksfan20
Tied in the loss column with the White Sox for the wild card, but ESPN already told us the wild card isn't coming out of the east.
So true. I love how it's been a foregone conclusion all year that the East is only getting 1 playoff team. People forget how long the baseball season is.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:42 AM   #798
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
So true. I love how it's been a foregone conclusion all year that the East is only getting 1 playoff team. People forget how long the baseball season is.
Tell that to A-Rod who proclaimed that as a fact as well. I know he was just trying to pump up his team to win the East and not just play for the Wild Card... but he comes off like a teenager in one of those movies where everything he says is misinterpreted and everyone hates him.

Old 07-26-2006, 02:20 PM   #799
All Star

OVR: 25

The East and Wild Card are gonna be a dog fight to the end. The Tigers have pretty much wrapped up the Central though. Needless to say, if the standings are like this going into September we're in for one Hell of a finish.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:26 PM   #800
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

The Melk Man delivers again!!! 2 run double to put the Yanks up 5-4 and then scores on a wild pitch to make it 6-4.

Luckily he cant bunt!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »