Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2006, 12:04 PM   #1217
MVP
 
Porschebenz2001's Arena
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,630
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10312006...eorge_king.htm

Yanks looking at Suppan to shore up the rotation. It also says they'll most likely decline Mussina's option but sign him for less money. His career record is around .500 with an ERA over 4.00. He pitched great in the playoffs, but I wouldn't give him big money. I'm sure he'll want it though.
__________________
NBA: New York Knicks
NCAA: Duke
MLB: New York Yankees
NFL: New York Jets
Porschebenz2001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:08 PM   #1218
Stu
All Star
 
Stu's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boston
Posts: 7,927
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschebenz2001
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10312006...eorge_king.htm

Yanks looking at Suppan to shore up the rotation. It also says they'll most likely decline Mussina's option but sign him for less money. His career record is around .500 with an ERA over 4.00. He pitched great in the playoffs, but I wouldn't give him big money. I'm sure he'll want it though.
Not a smart move by the Yankees IMO if they spend money on him. He'll have an ERA around 5.50 in the AL East.
__________________
Sim Gaming Network
Stu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:09 PM   #1219
ehh
Hall Of Fame
 
ehh's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 29,048
Blog Entries: 9
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

I certainly wouldn't mind getting Suppan.
__________________
"You make your name in the regular season, and your fame in the postseason." - Clyde Frazier

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
ehh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 05:44 PM   #1220
Hall Of Fame
 
NYJets's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 18,475
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

Rivera is looking for an extension:
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Looks like he'll be around through 2009.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bilas
The question isn't whether UConn belongs with the elites, but over the last 20 years, whether the rest of the college basketball elite belongs with UConn
NYJets is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 05:49 PM   #1221
Hall Of Fame
 
NYJets's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 18,475
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

Yankees plan to pickup Sheffield's option and trade him soon, and they won't pickup Mussina's option, but they want to sign him to a 2 year deal:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/11042006...el_sherman.htm
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bilas
The question isn't whether UConn belongs with the elites, but over the last 20 years, whether the rest of the college basketball elite belongs with UConn
NYJets is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #1222
G-M*nnnn
 
deeman11747's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 3,194
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Rivera is looking for an extension:
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Looks like he'll be around through 2009.


I dread the day when Enter Sandman wont be blasting in the 9th inning. I hope he pitches forever. Him and Jeter are the two players I will never get tired of watching.
__________________

deeman11747 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:03 PM   #1223
Hall Of Fame
 
NYJets's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 18,475
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

Pettitte back to the Yankees?
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...p-394619c.html

I wouldn't mind it. 2 years ago he was dominant and he pitched very well in the 2nd half last year. And he's proven he can pitch in the AL.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bilas
The question isn't whether UConn belongs with the elites, but over the last 20 years, whether the rest of the college basketball elite belongs with UConn
NYJets is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:05 PM   #1224
ehh
Hall Of Fame
 
ehh's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 29,048
Blog Entries: 9
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Pettitte back to the Yankees?
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...p-394619c.html

I wouldn't mind it. 2 years ago he was dominant and he pitched very well in the 2nd half last year. And he's proven he can pitch in the AL.
I'd be pretty happy if we got Andy back and got rid of Moose. The ol' lefty is my favorite pitcher who's ever gone to the hill for the Bombers.

Hopefully our '07 rotation is....

- Wang
- Matsuzaka
- Pettitte
- Pavano
- Johnson
__________________
"You make your name in the regular season, and your fame in the postseason." - Clyde Frazier

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
ehh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:49 AM.

Top -