Home

Old 01-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #9
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

I hope Pavano doesnt become a problem in the clubhouse after complaining to the Miami papers about how he "hates NY"

Old 01-03-2006, 12:27 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm pleased with the Yanks offseason thus far. I'm happy that they didnt sign Damon right off the bat, but instead waiting and didnt throw money at him so fast.

As for Pavano, i dont care if he "hates NY" or not. He has a contract, and he should honor that. I hope he pitches better, i was disappointed in him last year.
I'm just afraid of the other SP's health. Guys like Moose and the Big Unit are older and more susceptible to injury becuz they are older.
-Devils
-Bronx Bombers
Old 01-03-2006, 12:48 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman11747
I hope Pavano doesnt become a problem in the clubhouse after complaining to the Miami papers about how he "hates NY"
Nobody does when they're failing. Only a few with the right mental makeup embrace it, yet I think Pavano this season will be humming a different tune, contingent on him performing like he's capable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2006, 06:27 PM   #12
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Nobody mentioned Dotel. He can be HUGE for this team when he comes back from the injury. If he's back at 100%, he'll push Farns back to the 7th inning (Dotel was unhittable as a setup man, before he was a closer).

We're also bring back old friend Cairo, he should be a nice addition to the bench as a backup infielder and part-time 2B against tough lefties.

I also heard that it's possible that Jeff Nelson could come back with on a minor league contract. But I don't see that happening, our pitching staff is set already, there's no room for him unless there's an injury. If we didn't have garbage like Wright and Sturtze taking up space, I guess Nelson would be OK just to get righties out with his motion and slider, with Myers to get out lefties. But, eh.

And I love the Damon signing!

Old 01-05-2006, 11:19 PM   #13
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Re-signed Mendoza to a minor league contract.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:34 AM   #14
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

What is the Yanks actual payroll? I heard they trimmed it down to about 175 million, and is true that the Yankees lost 50 to 70 million dollars or is Steinbrenner hiding the money under the table(metaphorically speaking).
Old 01-07-2006, 04:31 PM   #15
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhera1
What is the Yanks actual payroll? I heard they trimmed it down to about 175 million, and is true that the Yankees lost 50 to 70 million dollars or is Steinbrenner hiding the money under the table(metaphorically speaking).
Right now they're at $175 million like you said and what happened was Steinbenner "mistakenly" underestimated the value of the YES Network and since its part of the Yankees revenue... he's going to have to pay back the money in revenue sharing that he has't paid because of this undervaluing.

Its all BS but he was gonna get caught as soon as someone took the time to notice.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2006, 11:09 AM   #16
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

Yankees Resign Small for $1.2 million

He deserves it after single handedly saving our season last year. He also seems like a realy good guy so I'm happy fo him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »