Home

Old 02-22-2006, 11:21 AM   #33
P*ng

OVR: 10
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Annnnnnd the "zoo-ness" begins for '06!

Sheff was in some press conference saying how happy he was that the team picked up his '07 option. Cashman came out later on, not having heard any of Sheff's comments, and the media asked him why he extended Sheff's contract, etc. He was dumbfounded and said he hadn't extended anything.

Grrrrrreat.
Yeah, in listening to talk radio this morning, they basically stated that Sheff is notorious for creating a stir in the last year of a contract. So, barring another Steinbrenner interlude, we can probably expect Sideshow Bob to be "fun" all season long.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:05 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 10

I'm sure it will be picked up anyway. The Yanks might lose a few mil by picking it up but Sheff willl be happy and that's a good thing.
Rangers
Old 02-22-2006, 02:16 PM   #35
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyanksfan20
I'm sure it will be picked up anyway. The Yanks might lose a few mil by picking it up but Sheff willl be happy and that's a good thing.
It all depends. Sheff has alot of wear and tear on his body and has had some injuries he's played through the last couple years. I wouldn't be shocked if his body basically gave up on him in the near future and he had a drastic drop off statistically.

If his production drops this year I don't think they'll pick up his option, plus his defense is sure to continue to decline as well.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2006, 02:26 PM   #36
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
It all depends. Sheff has alot of wear and tear on his body and has had some injuries he's played through the last couple years. I wouldn't be shocked if his body basically gave up on him in the near future and he had a drastic drop off statistically.

If his production drops this year I don't think they'll pick up his option, plus his defense is sure to continue to decline as well.
Wasn't he contemplating retirement last year after his ongoing shoulder problems? Either way, I don't see the Yankees picking up his option before this season is up, despite a good attempt by Sheffield to pressure them into doing so now.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:43 PM   #37
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Wasn't he contemplating retirement last year after his ongoing shoulder problems? Either way, I don't see the Yankees picking up his option before this season is up, despite a good attempt by Sheffield to pressure them into doing so now.
I don't think he was ever comtemplating retirement, just surgery which would have ended his season in '04.

Old 02-27-2006, 04:50 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey guys, I just started up a new Yankees message board. It has been around for about a week, and we already have over 100 active posters. It is a great spot to talk Yankees and get the latest news. Hope you guys check it out www.nyyankeefans.com/forums
Old 02-27-2006, 05:24 PM   #39
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotballa
Hey guys, I just started up a new Yankees message board. It has been around for about a week, and we already have over 100 active posters. It is a great spot to talk Yankees and get the latest news. Hope you guys check it out www.nyyankeefans.com/forums
Sweet, I just registered.

It'll give me another site to check out when OS is slow during the work day.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:27 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Sweet, I just registered.

It'll give me another site to check out when OS is slow during the work day.

Awesome! Enjoy, I am DBR the site admin!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »