Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2006, 11:21 AM   #33
P*ng
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,530
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Annnnnnd the "zoo-ness" begins for '06!


Sheff was in some press conference saying how happy he was that the team picked up his '07 option. Cashman came out later on, not having heard any of Sheff's comments, and the media asked him why he extended Sheff's contract, etc. He was dumbfounded and said he hadn't extended anything.

Grrrrrreat.
Yeah, in listening to talk radio this morning, they basically stated that Sheff is notorious for creating a stir in the last year of a contract. So, barring another Steinbrenner interlude, we can probably expect Sideshow Bob to be "fun" all season long.
wawasman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:05 PM   #34
MVP
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NY
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

I'm sure it will be picked up anyway. The Yanks might lose a few mil by picking it up but Sheff willl be happy and that's a good thing.
__________________
Yankees
Cowboys
Knicks
Rangers
nyyanksfan20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:16 PM   #35
ehh
Hall Of Fame
 
ehh's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 29,048
Blog Entries: 9
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyanksfan20
I'm sure it will be picked up anyway. The Yanks might lose a few mil by picking it up but Sheff willl be happy and that's a good thing.
It all depends. Sheff has alot of wear and tear on his body and has had some injuries he's played through the last couple years. I wouldn't be shocked if his body basically gave up on him in the near future and he had a drastic drop off statistically.

If his production drops this year I don't think they'll pick up his option, plus his defense is sure to continue to decline as well.
__________________
"You make your name in the regular season, and your fame in the postseason." - Clyde Frazier

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
ehh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2006, 02:26 PM   #36
Stu
All Star
 
Stu's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boston
Posts: 7,927
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
It all depends. Sheff has alot of wear and tear on his body and has had some injuries he's played through the last couple years. I wouldn't be shocked if his body basically gave up on him in the near future and he had a drastic drop off statistically.

If his production drops this year I don't think they'll pick up his option, plus his defense is sure to continue to decline as well.
Wasn't he contemplating retirement last year after his ongoing shoulder problems? Either way, I don't see the Yankees picking up his option before this season is up, despite a good attempt by Sheffield to pressure them into doing so now.
__________________
Sim Gaming Network
Stu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 03:43 PM   #37
ehh
Hall Of Fame
 
ehh's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 29,048
Blog Entries: 9
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Wasn't he contemplating retirement last year after his ongoing shoulder problems? Either way, I don't see the Yankees picking up his option before this season is up, despite a good attempt by Sheffield to pressure them into doing so now.
I don't think he was ever comtemplating retirement, just surgery which would have ended his season in '04.
__________________
"You make your name in the regular season, and your fame in the postseason." - Clyde Frazier

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
ehh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:50 PM   #38
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

Hey guys, I just started up a new Yankees message board. It has been around for about a week, and we already have over 100 active posters. It is a great spot to talk Yankees and get the latest news. Hope you guys check it out www.nyyankeefans.com/forums
1hotballa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:24 PM   #39
ehh
Hall Of Fame
 
ehh's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 29,048
Blog Entries: 9
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotballa
Hey guys, I just started up a new Yankees message board. It has been around for about a week, and we already have over 100 active posters. It is a great spot to talk Yankees and get the latest news. Hope you guys check it out www.nyyankeefans.com/forums
Sweet, I just registered.

It'll give me another site to check out when OS is slow during the work day.
__________________
"You make your name in the regular season, and your fame in the postseason." - Clyde Frazier

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
ehh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:27 PM   #40
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Sweet, I just registered.

It'll give me another site to check out when OS is slow during the work day.

Awesome! Enjoy, I am DBR the site admin!
1hotballa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:22 AM.

Top -