Home

The 2006 New York Yankees

This is a discussion on The 2006 New York Yankees within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-12-2006, 12:46 AM   #401
All Star

OVR: 25
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

I don't think Hunter would be willing to switch to a corner outfield position. The first name that came to mind for me was Jay Payton, but with Thomas not hitting he may start playing more for the A's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2006, 12:50 AM   #402
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
I don't think Hunter would be willing to switch to a corner outfield position. The first name that came to mind for me was Jay Payton, but with Thomas not hitting he may start playing more for the A's.
Hunter would play center and Damon would move to left. Damon has already said he'd move I believe.

I think Shannon Stewart right now is the most logical guy though and can probably be had cheaper.
Rangers
Old 05-12-2006, 01:01 AM   #403
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyanksfan20
I think Shannon Stewart right now is the most logical guy though and can probably be had cheaper.
You don't want Stewart. The combination of his rag-arm and Damon's wet-noodle would give you the weakest outfield arms in the history of the game.

Hunter playing center and Damon moving to left would be an excellent move IMO (I personally wouldn't be happy about Hunter going to NY, but that's irrelevant).
Old 05-12-2006, 01:03 AM   #404
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp
You don't want Stewart. The combination of his rag-arm and Damon's wet-noodle would give you the weakest outfield arms in the history of the game.

Hunter playing center and Damon moving to left would be an excellent move IMO (I personally wouldn't be happy about Hunter going to NY, but that's irrelevant).
Not to mention Bernie, with Sheffield on the DL as well. Teams would be taking extra bases at will.

The other tough thing for the Yankees, is that Damon hurt himself a little bit on that Mirabelli catch. I have no doubt he'll play hurt, but that shoulder has hurt his production at the plate in the past.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:10 AM   #405
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp

Well Matsui was never known to have a strong arm either. We just need a guy to go out thier and catch the ball and fill some of Matsui's offensive voids. I just think Hunter would cost too much. But if the Twins really want to dump him then I'd be all for it. I'm just not all for overpaying for yes a suberb defensive outfielder but IMO a very overrated offensive player.
Rangers

Last edited by nyyanksfan20; 05-12-2006 at 01:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2006, 01:18 AM   #406
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyanksfan20
Well Matsui was never known to have a strong arm either.
While Matsui isn't known for a strong arm, I don't think you truly comprehend how awful Stewart's arm is. It is TERRIBLE. It's quite possible that he has the weakest outfield arm in all of baseball.

Quote:
I just think Hunter would cost too much.
He would, no question about that.

Quote:
I'm just not all for overpaying for yes a suberb defensive outfielder but IMO a very overrated offensive player.
He's not overrated offensively, his offensive shortcomings are well documented at this point. He has made no improvement offensively over the years, which is disappointing given the amount of talent he has (and how much he has gotten paid). He has crazy bat speed (much like Sheffield) but absolutely no discipline. He is an underrated baserunner/basestealer though.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:03 AM   #407
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Torri Hunter
Alfonso Soriano
Shannon Stewart

Those are the big three, it'd be very interesting if Soriano returned to pinstripes.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 05-12-2006, 03:47 PM   #408
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Torri Hunter
Alfonso Soriano
Shannon Stewart

Those are the big three, it'd be very interesting if Soriano returned to pinstripes.
I would add Bobby Abreu to that mix. Buster Olney has been saying his name quite alot lately. I don't see how the Phils would trade one of their best players when they are in the NL East Race, but apparently hes due 30 mil for this year and next year.

Sori was one of my favorite players and he always said he wants to come back so I definetly wouldn't mind him. Although I haven't seen much of him in left this year i've heard he has gotten better. I'm not sure how much he will cost but hes a free agent after the year.
Rangers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »