Home

Old 05-17-2006, 09:17 PM   #465
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The 2006 New York Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
According to what the guys at nyyfans heard, he had soreness in his forearm. He'll get checked out by doctor's tomorrow.

I dont think Ive ever hated someone whos played so little for the Yankees as I do Pavano.

What a p****.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2006, 10:47 PM   #466
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Yankees win. Another excellent performance from Wang, and Rivera pitches a 1-2-3 9th to get the save.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:52 AM   #467
MVP

OVR: 10

Look like Wang is heating up with another gem tonight. Hopefully Jaret Wright can do the same.
Rangers
Old 05-18-2006, 05:56 PM   #468
MVP

Tough loss today, Jaret Wright had another good start but we just couldn't hit Padilla today.
Rangers
Old 05-18-2006, 06:01 PM   #469
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

I was hoping for some late inning heroics but not today.

Oh well, three game series with the Mets. Hopefully Randy will get his **** together tomorrow.
What I'm Currently Listening To
Old 05-19-2006, 12:47 PM   #470

X*Cell's Arena

OVR: 28

This subway series is definetely looking more attractive than the one from 2000, where the Yankees still were too hot to be contained. This season however, the Mets are, dare I say it, BETTER.

If the Yankees topple the Mets, that will be a huge stride for the Bronx Bombers. Although its 3 games compared to 162, this is a key series for us.

LETS GO YANKEES!!!
Old 05-21-2006, 12:11 AM   #471
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Couple of interesting games while the forums were down.

Friday night...it's time people stop waiting for Randy Johnson to turn into an ace again. He's not the same pitcher anymore. And I doubt he's ever going to adjust enough to be really good again. Tough loss.

Today...In no way deserved to win that game. Terrible defense, and Pedro shut us down. Luckily Wagner had the worst meltdown by a closer I remember seeing in a long time. Handed us the game. On the bright side, Moose looked pretty good again, Proctor continues to pitch really well, and Rivera looked dominant after he struggled on Friday.

Injuries continue to hurt. We find out Pavano is having surgery and could be done for the year. Posada, Bernie, and Farnsworth all got hurt Friday, though Bernie was able to pinch hit today. Hopefully none of them are serious.

Small going Sunday for the injured Chacon. Going to be a tough game, but maybe being back in a starting role is what Small needs. More likely last year was a one year wonder, and he's just back to the real Aaron Small.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2006, 02:14 PM   #472
MVP

Great win yesterday. The wannabe Sandman couldn't handle a 4 run lead and the real Sandman took care of his business. Other than that we looked terrible except Moose for 8 innings.

As for today we need something big from Small today. The bullpen has been taxed. Hopefully we can get back Posada for today because without him our lineup was real weak yesterday.
Rangers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »