Home

Old 04-25-2006, 11:48 PM   #833
All Star

OVR: 25
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

I just saw some highlights, that was an ugly baserunning play by Tek and Manny, but how was that not a balk?!
Old 04-25-2006, 11:53 PM   #834
MVP

OVR: 15

Missed the game. I'll catch a condensed version of it on MLB.tv later tonight, how'd Schill do? Looked a little bit like he finally faced a good hitting team and he gave up some runs by the box score.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-26-2006, 12:07 AM   #835
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Missed the game. I'll catch a condensed version of it on MLB.tv later tonight, how'd Schill do? Looked a little bit like he finally faced a good hitting team and he gave up some runs by the box score.
Texas and Baltimore aren't good hitting teams?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2006, 12:57 AM   #836
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
Texas and Baltimore aren't good hitting teams?!

You got me on Tex, forgot about them. Baltimore is overrated though but still better than average.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-26-2006, 01:02 AM   #837
All Star

Baltimore is probably a top 5 offense in the AL. They don't have too many big hitters, but 1-9 there really isn't a glaring weakness. Schilling has just been good, period, so far this season. Tonight he was over-extended and not at his best.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:05 AM   #838
MVP

Quote:
Baltimore is probably a top 5 offense in the AL. They don't have too many big hitters, but 1-9 there really isn't a glaring weakness. Schilling has just been good, period, so far this season. Tonight he was over-extended and not at his best.

Looking at their schedule this year it seems like their run production has been a bit inconsistent. But I haven't paid much attention to them so whatever. All I really know about them this year is their pitching is pretty horrendous and Ramon Hernandez has been be very good.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:15 AM   #839
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
yeah, he actually adjusted and pitched very well through the 4th, 5th and 6th. He really had no business being out there in the 7th though. He would've given up more if he didn't bail himself out by snagging that line drive to get a double play.

I know Schilling is healthy this year but jeeze Tito, 133 pitches?? That's the most he's thrown in a Red Sox uniform, and probably more than he's thrown in quite some time.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:36 PM   #840
The World's Smartest Man

TheGenius's Arena

OVR: 10

Wakefield (1-3, 3.71 ERA) vs. Lee (1-1, 3.33 ERA) Tonight from the Jake.

Let's at least get Wake a no decision tonight, guys.

Seriously though, let's go up 2-0 on the tribe tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »