Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2006, 01:50 AM   #81
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Well..at least that gives the US a slightly better chance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2006, 06:21 PM   #82
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

Manny reported to camp today with two-toned dreads that look pretty sweet.

He also wouldn't respond to questions about trades...but did say "I'm here, I'm here...people wanted me here, I wanted to be here and I'm here"
Old 03-01-2006, 06:41 PM   #83
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
Manny reported to camp today with two-toned dreads that look pretty sweet.

He also wouldn't respond to questions about trades...but did say "I'm here, I'm here...people wanted me here, I wanted to be here and I'm here"
I'm still wondering why the media was making such a big deal about his arrival. He's here and he isn't playing in the WBC. What more do we want from the guy?
Old 03-01-2006, 07:17 PM   #84
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I'm still wondering why the media was making such a big deal about his arrival. He's here and he isn't playing in the WBC. What more do we want from the guy?
I think it's because he was so dead-set on saying "I wont be a RS come ST, or I wont go to ST" that they just love playing up the "manny being Manny" story.

Plus, I think they have an enfatuation with showing clips of Manny walking into the GM last year and such.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:06 PM   #85
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

Looks like Wells will be a Red Sox this season...

ESPNNews is saying he rescinded his trade request, saying hes going to retire at the end of this season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2006, 03:09 PM   #86
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
Looks like Wells will be a Red Sox this season...

ESPNNews is saying he rescinded his trade request, saying hes going to retire at the end of this season
Fine with me. I still think we need to move a starter before the end of spring training though. It's looking more and more like Papelbon will start in AAA. I think the only way he doesn't is if Foulke goes on the DL.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:13 PM   #87
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

Just for support:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/...=.jsp&c_id=bos
Old 03-06-2006, 06:08 PM   #88
All Star

OVR: 25

The only negative about Wells not wanting a trade is that it forces Papelbon to the bullpen. I'd love to see Papelbon in the rotation but would he be as good as Wells will be this year? I don't know. Wells is still a good pitcher, and just because he has rescinded his trade request doesn't mean he'll remain in Boston. Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see what the rotation looks like come opening day. Right now it is:

Curt Schilling
Josh Beckett
David Wells
Tim Wakefield
Matt Clement

Bullpen:
Bronson Arroyo
Jonathon Papelbon

Trading one starter would be ideal, even though both Papelbon and Arroyo belong in the rotation. And if they do move Wells or Clement I would not be surprised if it's Papelbon who remains in the bullpen. I don't think they would trade two starters right now as they want a 6th man (though come July, Lester could possibly fill that spot) who can start if someone goes down with an injury or in the event of a doubleheader. In a perfect scenario, the Red Sox would trade one starter during Spring Training to add some depth to either the bullpen or bench (either a proven, left-handed reliver or 4th outfielder) and then trade another at the trading deadline to aquire a position of need. Right now their team looks good and I'd take that one into the regular season and then address needs as they arise as some guys are bound to be failures this season (there are just too many fringe guys like Lowell and Gonzalez for them all to work out).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »