Home

Old 05-15-2006, 09:48 PM   #1193
The World's Smartest Man

TheGenius's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Glad to see my boys Josh and Wily Mo performing tonight. Who was it again that said Wily Mo was swinging a hot stick and needs to be in the lineup?
Old 05-15-2006, 10:55 PM   #1194
All Star

OVR: 25

Beckett looked great tonight, only 2 hits in 7 innings with no walks and 7k's. Only blemish being Tejada's first inning homer. I also love seeing Lopez get knocked around by the Sox after year's of him shutting them down. He's been their whipping boy this year.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:35 PM   #1195
MVP

OVR: 15

Nice outing by Beckett but I was a little nervous when the trainers were out. Hopefully it's not a big deal. But it looked like it may have been a blister issue.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2006, 11:23 PM   #1196
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Wow did Papelbon look sharp tonight. Was throwing 95-96 on the corners and his splitfinger was diving out of the zone. Good win when Schilling wasn't at his best. I'd say Loretta's slump is officially over.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:18 AM   #1197
All Star

Schilling needs to get his command back. Every fastball the last few starts has been up which allows guys to lay off his splitter (and makes it easy for them to go yard). After seeing his cutter the last few starts, I'm starting to think he should abandon that pitch.

Good comeback though after Schilling gave up the lead. And great relief work by Timlin and Papelbon.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:29 AM   #1198
All Star

The O's finally bested the Sox tonight, 4-3. Terrible play to end the game as Harris was caught stealing second base. With a fastball hitter at the plate (Nixon) ahead in the count, a guy on the mound throwing 97+, and a guy behind the plate who has thrown out more than 50% of opposing base stealers, there was no reason for Harris to try for second in that situation. Who knows if it truely made a difference, but that was just foolish. Bedard was on tonight though and he shut down the Sox.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:53 PM   #1199
MVP

OVR: 15

I really don't disagree a ton with Harris trying to get to second. Although it would have actually been better if waited for the coaches to give him the greenlight instead of doing it on his own. Nixon has shown great plate discipline but has really only managed walks and singles thus far. Sucky way to lose it but oh well.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 05-18-2006, 12:55 PM   #1200
All Star

I just didn't like the situation as the odds were against him. Ray is quick to the plate and Hernandez has been good throwing runners out this season. If Trot hits one into the gap, he can probably score anyways.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »