Home

Old 05-26-2006, 11:29 PM   #1289
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Nice clip of Foulke endearing himself to the Red Sox fans a little more lol.

All joking aside, I don't get the point of trashing someone on your own team who A) Did what Foulke did in 04, and B) You know these guys aren't going out their and sucking on purpose.

I'd bitch, piss, and moan until the cows come home with my friends, online, or with whomever. But their really is nothing to gain from talking **** to the actual guy who is having a rough time.

Why Seanez? I didn't see Riske's inning since returning from the DL, but I heard he looked pretty good.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 05-26-2006, 11:42 PM   #1290
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
I'd bitch, piss, and moan until the cows come home with my friends, online, or with whomever. But their really is nothing to gain from talking **** to the actual guy who is having a rough time.
Because fans think paying the money to sit in those seats entitles them to be a part of the game. Fenway is the worst because the fans are so close to the field and people stock up on liquid courage during the game.

I'm starting to lose count of all the players who helped us win a WS that Red Sox fans have booed. It's pathetic and embarrassing but what can you do? There was a great caller on WEEI today talking about the new breed of fans and how clueless some of them are.

Talk radio in Boston certainly doesn't help things. Glen Ordway actually questioned whether or not it was ok for Theo to go to Pearl Jam last night, rather than stay at the game.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:58 PM   #1291
MVP

Quote:
Talk radio in Boston certainly doesn't help things. Glen Ordway actually questioned whether or not it was ok for Theo to go to Pearl Jam last night, rather than stay at the game.
Damn Theo, we probably lost out on Clemens now because of his carelessness.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2006, 12:05 AM   #1292
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Damn Theo, we probably lost out on Clemens now because of his carelessness.
That's basically what they were saying.

How about Mike Lowell?? I didn't realize that was his first HR in Fenway this year. He's 1 HR away from matching his total from last year and has 22 doubles, not to mention top notch defense. Everybody complained about taking on his salary but this guy has been a bargain so far.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:35 AM   #1293
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
That's basically what they were saying.

How about Mike Lowell?? I didn't realize that was his first HR in Fenway this year. He's 1 HR away from matching his total from last year and has 22 doubles, not to mention top notch defense. Everybody complained about taking on his salary but this guy has been a bargain so far.

It seems like Lowell has been spoon feeding me heaps of crow and make me look more and more like a jerk by the game.

He really has surprised me with how good he has been. I still think his power has gone down a bit, but he has still been well worth it. Makes watching Hanley raking down in Florida alot easier.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:50 AM   #1294
All Star

OVR: 25

Good to hear that Wells just has a bruise. Hopefully he only has to miss a start at worst. In all seriousness, I was more concerned about his other knee as the natural reaction he had from getting hit was to take all of his weight off of that leg and hop around on the other. Thats a lot of weight for one bad knee to sustain.

I'm irritated no one sitting around that guy who was talking smack to Foulke didnt say something to him. I would have started trashing that guy and reminding him Foulke was a World Series hero for this team. Idiots who boo guys like Foulke make me embarassed to be a Sox fan.

On a positive note, Seanez has very quality been throwing some quality innings for this ballclub. Both he and Tavarez were a bit overextended tonight but threw the ball well. I too was expecting Riske in the ninth once they got the 4 run lead. He pitched a nice inning the other night, you don't want to let him sit too long since he just came off the DL. I'd have to say that tonight was Papelbon's first "cheap" save of his career.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:10 PM   #1295
MVP

I wish Tito was a little bit more easy going when using Papelbon. This is his first full major league season, and yes, I know he is built to be a starter down the road, but their have been a few questionable situations where they probably could have used someone other than him.

I'm just a little concerned about him being 100% towards the end of the season where he'll be a critical piece to any real success.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2006, 10:58 PM   #1296
MVP

OVR: 9

Great Game 200 wins for Curt and 18/18 for Papelbon!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »