Home

Old 05-29-2006, 11:44 PM   #1329
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

I just hope you bring up a lefty for Wednesday.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:23 AM   #1330
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Certainly not a good beginning or end to the game...but hey, the middle was pretty good.

Good to see JVB and Delcarmen get some work and provide good relief...I'm sure we'll be seeing more of them until Timlin gets off the DL...should be interesting, need someone other than Papelbon to step up.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:59 AM   #1331
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Wow, Towers is making 5 mill a year?

No. 2.5 mill a year.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2006, 12:59 PM   #1332
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

Most expensive minor league pitcher? lol

Do we know who's starting the third game of the series yet?
Old 05-30-2006, 02:38 PM   #1333
MVP

OVR: 15

Second good appearence by JVB. I think Tito should use the guy some more while he's with the club. He had a good first go round but it didn't really do anything for him in terms of status with the club.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 05-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #1334
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Second good appearence by JVB. I think Tito should use the guy some more while he's with the club. He had a good first go round but it didn't really do anything for him in terms of status with the club.
I agree. I hate how Tito's been using the bullpen. He hasn't gotten guys like JVB and Riske nearly enough innings while he continues to throw Seanez and Tavarez out there.

Riske was put in an impossible situation last night. Francona has had multiple opportunities to get him in games since he came off the DL, but didn't and he paid for it last night. If they don't pitch, they aren't going to be effective when you need them.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:13 PM   #1335
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I agree. I hate how Tito's been using the bullpen. He hasn't gotten guys like JVB and Riske nearly enough innings while he continues to throw Seanez and Tavarez out there.

Riske was put in an impossible situation last night. Francona has had multiple opportunities to get him in games since he came off the DL, but didn't and he paid for it last night. If they don't pitch, they aren't going to be effective when you need them.

This year I've had the most questions about the way Tito is doing things. Mainly the bullpen. I really think he's using Papelbon too much. Regardless of the nearly blown 5 run lead.

I think Van Buren got a raw deal the first time he was up, and it'll probably be the same case this time unfortunately.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2006, 03:16 PM   #1336
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

I'm certainly with you on the use of Papelbon...

I really think, that maybe until July, Tito should try to only use him in save situations, or when they really need to get out of a late-inning situation, because I don't want Papelbon getting tired, or worn down, for August and September when we're really going to need him because he was being over-used in May and June.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »