Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2006, 10:37 PM   #1353
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
haha. Did you hear Orsillo's commentary? "Vernon Wells is KILLING the Red Sox"
Unfortunately not, but keen observation by DO. I'm stuck with the Blue Jay's broadcast.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 05-30-2006, 10:44 PM   #1354
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Via Soxprospects.com

Probably just the optimist in me, but I'm excited to see this guy. If Aaron Small can put on the second half he did last year, then anything is possible.
I saw him pitch in Portland last year. He got lit up pretty good by the Phillies AA affiliate, but his stuff didn't look all that bad. Wasn't overally impressed by his command, but he clearly had an off game.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:21 PM   #1355
All Star

OVR: 25

If the Red Sox could get a halfway decent outing by a starter against the Jays then they might actually beat them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2006, 01:12 AM   #1356
MVP

Quote:
Vernon Wells homered three times Tuesday as the Blue Jays defeated the Red Sox 8-5.
Well, it was the first time the Red Sox had ever faced Wells. How were they supposed to know that he's as vulnerable to pitches low and away as any good hitter in baseball? Maybe they'll learn next time that belt-high fastballs and changeups aren't the way to go. Wells' three-homer game was the Jays' first since Carlos Delgado had one in 2001. He has 15 homers this season, eight of them coming against Boston. May. 30 - 11:21 pm et
I love rotoworld. The pitchers should be held responsible if they are continually missing the location of their pitches with this guy. But the guy has 8 homers off us this year. Something is up with the scouting report the Sox have on this guy, or Varitek is just being stubborn.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 05-31-2006, 12:31 PM   #1357
All Star

The Sox made it official and put Wells on the 15 day DL today. He won't be eligible to pitch again until June 11th. Looks like Pauley may get more than one crack at the ML level. He certainly has his work cut out for him going against Toronto tonight.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:31 PM   #1358
MVP

Pretty good quote from Papi
Quote:
"They've got good hitters. But we're not pitching the way we're supposed to. That's what I say. When we come to hit, they don't give us [anything] to hit. Why do we have to give them [something] to hit? That's it. I mean, the guy is hitting three homers on pretty much the same pitch, something up in the strike zone. [When] I hit one, I don't see another pitch again all night. We've got to make adjustments."
Old 05-31-2006, 03:02 PM   #1359
All Star

Pena's having surgery on his wrist, I haven't seen a timetable for his return though. He should be able to continue throwing after the surgery.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:19 PM   #1360
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Welp, Pauley just got Catalanotto out...not many Sox pitchers have done that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »