Home

Old 06-01-2006, 03:57 AM   #1369
All Star

OVR: 25
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Any injury involving the wrist is alarming, but this one doesn't sound too serious. He didn't have a major break or fracture so he should be 100% again. Whether he is 100% this year or next is the question. Wily wasn't showing much power when healthy because he tended to make bad contact. Maybe if he comes back this season with less pop in his bat it will force him to try and make better contact at the plate which could benefit him down the road.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:01 PM   #1370
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

YYYYOOOOOOUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKK
Old 06-03-2006, 12:23 AM   #1371
All Star

That was a nice win, great comeback. Hopefully Wake can get the win tomorrow so the Sox aren't in need of a good start from Clement to win the series.

It was also announced today that Pauley will be starting Tuesday in New York. Lester is in line to pitch in the doubleheader vs Texas back at Fenway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2006, 10:43 AM   #1372
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
That was a nice win, great comeback. Hopefully Wake can get the win tomorrow so the Sox aren't in need of a good start from Clement to win the series.

It was also announced today that Pauley will be starting Tuesday in New York. Lester is in line to pitch in the doubleheader vs Texas back at Fenway.
Yah, I saw a comment by Theo saying he didn't want Lester to make his first start in NY. Makes sense to me. His ERA is down to 2.95 in Pawtucket so has been pitching better lately. Should be interesting to see how he performs at the next level.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #1373
All Star

Real smart move bringing Tavarez in there, Francona...
Old 06-03-2006, 11:06 PM   #1374
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Thank you tavarez...really, thanks...I swear I mean it...thanks a lot...
Old 06-04-2006, 01:01 AM   #1375
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
Real smart move bringing Tavarez in there, Francona...
He hasn't been that bad to warrant calling Tito an idiot for using him in that spot.

But I would like to see this ugly mother f*cker beaten to death with a fungo bat. Todd Jones was going to be ripe for the picking.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2006, 01:18 PM   #1376
All Star

I disagree. Tavarez has failed in pretty much every pressure situation I can recall (or nearly failed, as evidenced by that game against Tampa Bay last weekend). Until he proves otherwise, he gets garbage innings.

The Tigers have a pitcher going today making his MLB debut. Over the last few years the Sox have not faired well against pitchers they've never see, hopefully today is different. If Matt Clement has another horrible outing I wonder if they'll do anything?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »