Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2006, 12:48 PM   #1377
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
The Tigers have a pitcher going today making his MLB debut. Over the last few years the Sox have not faired well against pitchers they've never see, hopefully today is different. If Matt Clement has another horrible outing I wonder if they'll do anything?

I would like to start the voting with one for disembowelment.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 06-04-2006, 01:19 PM   #1378
MVP

OVR: 14

Ha, well its more than likely a given that Pauley won't be staying in this rotation longer than the Yanks game. If Lester performs well he'll probably take over until Wells returns then send Pauley back down and decide if Clement should be out there over Lester.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:55 PM   #1379
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

I was wondering when Crappy Clement was going to show up
Old 06-04-2006, 04:40 PM   #1380
MVP

Pretty good game by Clement. Detroit isn't the most patient team in baseball, so Clement was able to throw alot of junk but still, baby steps.

Now we face the Yankees for the 102nd time this year, correct? Who's scheduled to pitch for the spanks tomorrow?
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 06-04-2006, 05:10 PM   #1381
All Star

OVR: 25

Mussina goes tomorrow against Beckett. The match-ups for the rest of the series are as follows:

Pauley vs Wang
Schilling vs Wright
Wakefield vs Johnson

I like that Pauley is matched up against Wang, a pitcher the Sox have handled so far this year. Maybe the Sox can get a slug-fest going or something. Wright can't possibly pitch well against the Sox two games in a row, but stranger things have happened. Hopefully Beckett shows up tomorrow and we don't get the Beckett who the Blue Jays beat around last week.

Clement pitched ok, the Tigers definitly helped him out at times. Thats the type of team Clement can do well against, the free-swingers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2006, 05:15 PM   #1382
MVP

Beckett has only really had trouble vs. the BJ's and Indians. The rest of the teams he's faced he's done very well against, including the Yanks.

Edit: I guess he's only started once vs. the Yankees, I thought he'd seen them a couple times. Still pitched a good game though.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #1383
All Star

OVR: 25

Beckett has been pretty good against ballclubs not named Blue Jays and Indians, but the Sox need to him to be an ace tonight because Mussina has been just that. I'm talking 7IP and only 1 or 2 runs allowed.

Thought this was interesting:

Savior: How good has Jonathan Papelbon been for the Red Sox? Team stats maven Peter Chase pointed out just how good with a telling note on Sunday. Since the advent of the save rule in 1969, Papelbon is just one of 10 pitchers to have 20 saves as of June 4, and only the second to have a 100 percent success rate.

The only other closer to pull that off was Hall of Famer Dennis Eckersley, who was 20-for-20 on June 4 during his American League MVP- and Cy Young Award-winning season of 1992.

It also looks like Wells won't be able to pitch on Sunday vs Texas. I guess that means Pauley may get a third start with the big league club regardless of what happens tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:31 PM   #1384
MVP

I feel ill.

Only thing that would cheer me up is a ARod K. Or a fastball to his mouth. Either would do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »