Home

Old 06-05-2006, 09:02 PM   #1393
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

What do you know?

The ****ing Human Growth Hormone juicing piece of **** tee's off on Beckett.

Whodathunkit?

I hate him.

Why couldn't he have OD'd? Gotten a crappy syringe or something
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 06-05-2006, 09:08 PM   #1394
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
Ahh yes. Josh Beckett. Nothing new here, I never fell into the hype. To me he isn't that good. He is to inconsistent. He will win a lot of games but that's because of Boston's off. Beckett is as overrated as they come.
He's better than he's shown tonight, but he has to adapt to the American League. This is the big boys league and trying to gas everybody with 96 isn't going to get it done. Everybody in the AL can hit a 96 fastball if that's all they're looking for.

You will hear this a lot until his next start, but he has to throw a lot more curveballs and changeups. In essence, he needs to pitch in reverse, because he has become too predictable to the hitters. He needs his curve to be more than a show-me.

Color me unimpressed with him recently. I mean, it's one thing if he's facing Sheffield, Matsui, etc, but he's getting destroyed by Andy Phillips and Miguel Cairo. He has a lot of work to do before he's an ace of the Red Sox staff.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:12 PM   #1395
MVP

Nice steal by ARod.

They're only up 6 in the 2nd inning.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2006, 09:13 PM   #1396
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Nice steal by ARod.

Yea, I'm sure the Red Sox have never scored 6 runs before.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:13 PM   #1397
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Yeah...he has to get the change-up working a lot better, and that non-existent curve he's had the past two days needs to go. He's better than he's pitched recently, but really 'Tek needs to go up to him and give him a talk...tell him he can't wave off every curve or change-up, and he needs to just start trusdting one of the best game-callers in the league(although, Tek's had his struggles this year too)
Old 06-05-2006, 09:16 PM   #1398
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Nice steal by ARod.

Ironic you mention this, because Bowa was barking at Corey Patterson for stealing a base when the O's were up 6 a couple days ago.

Bottom line: I'd consider no lead less than 10 runs safe when it's Yankees - Red Sox. The goal is to win the ballgame, not to make the other team feel better about itself. If the Red Sox were up 8-2, I'd want them to put their foot on the Yankees throat, figuratively speaking of course.

Love the shots of David Pauley in the RS dugout. That is the shot of a man who has just soiled his underoos aftering seeing what's happened to Beckett..
Old 06-05-2006, 09:16 PM   #1399
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Yea, I'm sure the Red Sox have never scored 6 runs before.

huh?

That wasn't my beef but whatever.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:18 PM   #1400
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
Ironic you mention this, because Bowa was barking at Corey Patterson for stealing a base when the O's were up 6 a couple days ago.

Bottom line: I'd consider no lead less than 10 runs safe when it's Yankees - Red Sox. The goal is to win the ballgame, not to make the other team feel better about itself. If the Red Sox were up 8-2, I'd want them to put their foot on the Yankees throat, figuratively speaking of course.

Love the shots of David Pauley in the RS dugout. That is the shot of a man who has just soiled his underoos aftering seeing what's happened to Beckett..

Ehhh, I see your point but I think it's typical ARod.

lol about Pauley

He can't do much worse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »