Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2006, 10:10 PM   #137
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Well Riske isn't looking good, but its one of those days for the Sox pitching. I won't bank too much on this outing.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:21 PM   #138
MVP

OVR: 14

Manny K's for the 3rd time. W00t
Old 04-04-2006, 11:20 PM   #139
All Star

OVR: 25

Predictable outing by Wakefield in Texas, just isn't his place. Padilla looked strong, and much slimmer than he was a year ago.

I'll say a bright spot tonight was Rudy Seanez. Yeah he loaded the bases on an infield hit and two walks to start the inning, but he settled down and got the next three guys without allowing a run. He showed some nasty stuff, as long as he is getting ahead of guys he should be a solid reliever. He reminds me a lot of Williamson.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:41 AM   #140
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

I didn't expect Wakefield to have a great game since he struggles in Texas, but I'm still a little concerned. Wakefield has historically done better when he is comfortable with his catcher (ie Mirabelli). Watching Bard last night was just painful. Maybe it was just nerves, since it seemed like he was blocking the tougher pitches and letting the ones that bounced off his glove go to the backstop. It's only one game though.

Seanez did do a good job getting out of that jam, but part of me wonders if it would have been as easy if the Rangers didn't have a big lead. Either way, he threw some nice pitches after loading the bases and definitely looked better than he had all spring.

I loved the piece of hitting by Wily Mo in his first at bat. It's nice to have guys like him and Manny that are willing to use the whole field. Coco Crisp also had a very nice game. He is much faster than I thought he would be. I expect him to beat out his share of infield hits like he did on the grounder up the middle.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:19 AM   #141
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Crisp has looked very good, even though it's only two games, he has certainly looked comfortable in the leadoff spot.

I'm going to wait until the Sox get out of Texas to judge the pitching staff, yet. They could really use a catcher who has caught the knuckleball before, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #142
All Star

OVR: 25

Arroyo has gone deep in his first start for the Reds! I bet no one thought Arroyo would homer before Pena.

Last edited by Misfit; 04-05-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:29 PM   #143
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
Arroyo has gone deep in his first start for the Reds! I bet no one thought Arroyo would a homer before Pena.
Haha, I just heard that. Dale and Holley were talking about it on WEEI and said it was a pretty impressive HR, for a pitcher. Good for him.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:01 PM   #144
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm liking Crisp, but I'm not so high on his defense. Did anybody else notice the routes he was taking to balls in center? He seemed to take very circulative paths to where the ball was supposed to land, and not straight lines. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I worry that he is going to have some problems with balls getting by him or going over his head in center this year.

He can probably make up for it with some of his speed, but I think we will definitely be missing Damon's kickass range and coverage in CF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »