Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
Not sure if I posted this before, but I have this to say:

If the fans boo Pedro Martinez when he takes the mound against the Red Sox next week, I pretty much will 'renounce' my Red-Sox fandom. I probably have an irrational love for Pedro, as he was and still is my favorite player ever, so I feel very strongly about this. If the group of swine in the stands chooses to boo arguably the greatest starting pitcher ever for the Boston Red Sox, I really have no need to be associated with that group of people.

I don't care that he left for more money, or was greedy or whatever half cocked reasoning comes up. The Red Sox are not even close to where they are today in terms of popularity (and there is no way in hell they win the World Series in 2004) without Pedro Martinez pitching. It's that simple.
Hey, they've booed everyone else, why not Pedro??

Seriously, though. I think there's a select group of Red Sox fans like us who realize Pedro is the best pitcher we've ever seen and probably the best pitcher we will ever see. I dont care what Pedro says or does, Id be on my feet cheering every time I see him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2006, 02:56 AM   #1682
All Star

OVR: 25

That was a nice win. It was just starting to get exciting when Bell got that single up the middle but still a most encouraging outing by Beckett and his best this year. Manny is on fire right now.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:02 AM   #1683
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Certainley a very impressive outing from Beckett, and Manny is being the Manny we all like seeing.

Plus...Kapler hit a homerun so it's all good.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:43 AM   #1684
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
Certainley a very impressive outing from Beckett, and Manny is being the Manny we all like seeing.

Plus...Kapler hit a homerun so it's all good.

I owe kapler my life, when I first met my wife she was not a huge baseball fan. A couple years back when the sox and yanks had the brawl with tek and arod I told my wife hey watch this and out of knowhere she says "who is THAT?" meaning Kapler. To make a long story short, I don't miss any games anymore and either does my wife. It makes life easier when your wife will watch every game with you. I was downstairs on the web, gave up on the game last night, heard my wife going nuts upstairs in the bedroom. I knew kap was in the game and had done something. Thankyou Gabe.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:54 PM   #1685
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

As if Tim McCarver isn't bad enough (that Justin Vreelander is really something ), FoxHD for sports is the farthest thing from Hi Definition in the world today...just awful, the same for everyone else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2006, 02:57 PM   #1686
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by twflawless
I owe kapler my life, when I first met my wife she was not a huge baseball fan. A couple years back when the sox and yanks had the brawl with tek and arod I told my wife hey watch this and out of knowhere she says "who is THAT?" meaning Kapler. To make a long story short, I don't miss any games anymore and either does my wife. It makes life easier when your wife will watch every game with you. I was downstairs on the web, gave up on the game last night, heard my wife going nuts upstairs in the bedroom. I knew kap was in the game and had done something. Thankyou Gabe.
So you're alright with the fact your wife is obsessed with Gabe Kapler, and would obviously kick you in the nuts for a chance to say Hi to him?
Old 06-24-2006, 03:04 PM   #1687
All Star

OVR: 25

Lowell just took the wife-beater deep to tie the game at 2!
Old 06-24-2006, 03:38 PM   #1688
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

"Folks feel free to turn off your TV right now...go do something else"

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »