Home

Old 06-24-2006, 03:39 PM   #1689
All Star

OVR: 25
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

I hate these announcers. Buck couldn't even get the year Clemens won the MVP award right on the first try. And I don't need to mention the Scrabble stuff.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:06 PM   #1690
All Star

Schill's got a nasty split today, 5 k's in a row.

And yes, Fox HD seems crappier than most HD channels. It's not as crisp as NESN.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:36 PM   #1691
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
So you're alright with the fact your wife is obsessed with Gabe Kapler, and would obviously kick you in the nuts for a chance to say Hi to him?
Absolutely, but I doubt she would say hi to him because I brought her to a game last year before the injury, and she had trouble speaking, so here I am the only guy yelling....."Hey gabe, over here." I kind of felt pretty gay, but I will do anything for my wife.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2006, 04:56 PM   #1692
All Star

I hate it when Francona sends Schilling out to start an inning when he is already over 100 pitches. It didn't pay off here, but Lopez was able to get a big double play to preserve the tie. Now the Sox need to score off the Philli 'pen.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:20 PM   #1693
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Very quick hook for Delcarmen and Hansen. With Papelbon waiting and Lopez ready for the lefties, I'm not really critical of the move, but it's clear how protective they are of these two.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:03 PM   #1694
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

I'll tell you what...even if we need a starter, I'd have real second thoughts about moving Papelbon out of that closer role even if it's next year. Looking at how pissed off he got cranking it up to 97mph makes me feel pretty good at the end of the game, and if Hanson continues to develop we could have that Percival-KRod combo that won the Angels a World Series. Then we still have guys like Delcarmen, Edgar Martinez, and about 3 guys from the draft that could contribute in the next 2-3 years and just take their time as Seanez, Tavarez, Foulke and others are weened out... You can't bank on any of that, including Hanson growing into all that talent, but with a closer like Pap to build around, it's just fun to look down the round.

PAPI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2006, 06:05 PM   #1695
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

off the feared Gordon breaking ball too....eyyhhh Papi!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2006, 07:14 PM   #1696
All Star

That was a nice finish. Papelbon looked a little shaky for the first time in awhile but he got through it and then even came out for the tenth (to my surprise) and retired the side in order. The Papi blast was predictable. I was saying to myself "Get on base Cora so Gordon can't pitch around Ortiz" since Gordon has owned Manny throughout his career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »