Home

Old 04-05-2006, 11:50 PM   #169
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
Foulke won't be the closer in two weeks. He looked like dog**** today. 86-87 MPH meatballs with average command, and hanging change ups. There's no way he will be getting major leaguers out in the 9th inning this year (without giving up 3 runs beforehand, that is). Pick up Papelbon for your fantasy teams.

Looks like my prediction was on the long side. And I initially thought my 2 week prediction was being a bit harsh on Foulke...

I love the move by Tito. Win the ballgame today. No dicking around here with Foulke. He looked like a$$hole on Monday, and I honestly do not think it would have been any different today.

The talk show/newspaper/smarmy sports news hosts mutant vermin creeps must be frothing at the mouth at this very moment.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:51 PM   #170
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

I stand corrected regarding Foulke/Papelbon. Should be interesting to see how they handle this going forward.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:54 PM   #171
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Nothing against Gary Disarcina but we really need Eck in the postgame after a pitching performance like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2006, 11:55 PM   #172
All Star

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
is that young GM's have sex, lol
I liked Jerry's follow-up to that after the break, "And you were right-on about young GM's, Don." Good to see the boys in mid-season form already.

I didn't agree with bringing in Papelbon in the 9th. I think they need to let Foulke have his shot but I can't argue with results. Foulke's stuff is fine right now, its his command that isn't. No matter what happens, Paps is gonna have a big season for them out of the pen.

Beckett looked strong. He's gonna be a fun one to watch this season. This was a great game. It's too bad there's no game on tomorrow. And props to Nixon on the two-run blast, that was big, obviously.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:03 AM   #173
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

What a pitching performance by Beckett and Paps.

Lowell looks lost at the plate just like last season.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:04 AM   #174
MVP

OVR: 9

It's sad to see Foulke not get the opertunity. Timlin nearly blew it... Jonathan Papelbon did superb, they couldn't touch his fastball and getting first save, once we get rid of Matt Clement, Pap be perfect to put in as a Starter. I'm hoping Mr. Foulke can get his head on right, or we'll need to find a new closer.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:14 AM   #175
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
I liked Jerry's follow-up to that after the break, "And you were right-on about young GM's, Don." Good to see the boys in mid-season form already.
That was equally hilarious, as you hear them chuckling in the background...good stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2006, 12:22 AM   #176
MVP

OVR: 15

Depending on if Foulke returns to his old self, Clement might possibly be a valuable commodity come the trade deadline. He does have a big contract though.

Yes, I know that's a long way away...
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »