Home

Old 07-08-2006, 02:05 PM   #1769
All Star

OVR: 25
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Looks like I picked a good week to go on vacation, what a crap-tastic series against Tampa.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:37 PM   #1770
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

**** Jermaine Dye!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 03:45 PM   #1771
Rookie

OVR: 5

What a catch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2006, 03:57 PM   #1772
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Ortiz again!!!! This man is rediculous, homerun number 31 rbi number 86. I'm glad he is on our team!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 05:22 PM   #1773
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

I f'n hate Josh Beckett. There, I said it. To me, he is nothing but a meatheaded punkass who doesn't know how to pitch. I firmly believe that his success can be attributed to his golden arm and not his pea-brained noggin. He can get away with gassing batters vs. the joke competition but this tool just can't seem to get the message that it doesn't work like that against the legitimate teams of the league. It's truly frustrating to watch him pitch because I think if he used his brain, he could turn into a #1 kind of pitcher. Unfortunately for the Red Sox, I haven't seen any evidence that he learns from his mistakes. He seems to epitomizes a thrower and not a pitcher.

This isn't the worst thing in the world, as he can be a great #2 pitcher, but I just don't see him as the MAN to be the ace of the staff after Schilling leaves. The other thing, how much is a great #2 pitcher worth? I sure as hell don't see Beckett as a 5 yr/$60M type of guy as it stands right now.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:24 PM   #1774
All Star

OVR: 25

Beckett's act is wearing thin, but he is still in his first year in the AL. I expect a better second half and ultimately a better second year from him but he can't really be counted on against the good teams right now.

Francona was irritating today, he stuck with Beckett too long and then stuck with Hansen too long as well. It's an unwritten rule in baseball that if you use a reliever to get out of a big jam in one inning you don't bring him back for a second. At any rate, a good win to take 2 out of 3 from the White Sox. Now no matter what happens tomorrow the Sox go into the break on a high note.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:17 PM   #1775
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am having to watch today's game with the White Sox announcers. WOW. If they aren't the two worst announcers I have ever heard in MLB. The play-by-play guy is complaining every pitch about how there are two different strikes zones-- one for Schilling and ... They showed a low strike in the 6th by Schilling, where the ball was clearly over the plate and above the knees (to Dye) on replay and the color guy says "that's just a bad call..."

WOW.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2006, 05:51 PM   #1776
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Damnit. Damnit. Damnit.

One out away from a sweep.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »