Home

Old 07-14-2006, 02:06 AM   #1809
The World's Smartest Man

TheGenius's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

I have to put this on Willie Harris. I mean seriously, you have one job. He wasn't stealing, there's no reason to even have a close pickoff play at first. Getting picked off lost all the momentum and, I believe, cost the Sox the game.

I remember him trying to steal and making the last out in a game earlier this year. This guy has some good tools but what looks like no baseball skills (at least displayed this year) and I hate when stupid plays cost my team. I hated Damian Jackson because he didn't have baseball smarts. Looks like Willie will get that special spot of hatred from me now.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:02 PM   #1810
All Star

OVR: 25

Blame the entire offense. Oakland was giving them baserunners all night and no one could drive anybody in. Manny's bat seemed to cower with fear whenever someone was in scoring position. Though if you are going to blame just one person you have to blame Loretta. Yes he's been great all season but his error did cost them the game. Hopefully he makes up for it.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:04 PM   #1811
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJ
I have to put this on Willie Harris. I mean seriously, you have one job. He wasn't stealing, there's no reason to even have a close pickoff play at first. Getting picked off lost all the momentum and, I believe, cost the Sox the game.
We had 9 walks, none of whom scored. What makes you think somebody would've knocked Willie in even if he had reached 2nd?

I don't mean to single you out, I just don't understand why Red Sox fans always need to put the blame on one guy. It was a poor effort from pretty much the entire team last night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2006, 08:27 PM   #1812
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

What a defensive gem that 2nd inning was!
Old 07-14-2006, 09:44 PM   #1813
All Star

Beckett sucks.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:47 PM   #1814
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Someone better tell the team that it usually helps when you don't leave 7 guys on base through the first 4 innings of a game.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:04 PM   #1815
All Star

We know who the stopper on this team is. The Sox follow up one of their worst games of the year with one of their best. Only 2 hits allowed by Schilling, damn impressive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2006, 01:49 AM   #1816
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

I was there!!! 5 rows up from Peskys Pole. It was awesome. Some of the people making fun of Milton Bradley were histerical. At one point Milton was like nodding his head then pretending he was going to come over to the stands.

I couldn't have asked for a better game to go to. Schilling was amazing and the offense showed up to so that was cool. It was great seeing Ortiz hit that homerun to. Has anyone seen this mans Mercedes?? It is rediculous.

One more thing I noticed after the game was the Matt Clement had on a Cubs hat when he was leaving. Thought that it was kinda lame.

Last edited by Dispatch; 07-16-2006 at 02:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »