G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Burrell, eh?

No thanks.

Other than the lack of power, Nixon has done pretty well aside from his recent slump.

Plus he might be able to be had for cheap at the end of the year.
Plus Nixon is 30th in the league in OPS and has a 15.8 VORP ahead of guys like Helton and Edmonds.

And that will end my stat geekiness for the day.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:49 AM   #1898
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman11747
Plus Nixon is 30th in the league in OPS and has a 15.8 VORP ahead of guys like Helton and Edmonds.

And that will end my stat geekiness for the day.
The only bad thing about Nixon is he's been slumping for about a month. His HR last night was his first since June 9th and his first extra base hit since June 27th. He's hitting .194/.307/.242 in July so far. Despite the slump though, his OBP is still over.400 for the season and he still has a respectable .841 OPS.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:41 PM   #1899
MVP

OVR: 14

Lieber is the only one of those three names I'd think about, and thats only because he's a SP.

Why would you get Burrel when you have Kapler, capable of being a everyday player for most teams, and Willy Mo, we all know what he can do, on the club. Why go outside the team for pieces you already have?

Lugo is ridiculous. We have Gonzalez, the best defensive player I have ever seen for the Red Sox, maybe on any team (Jim Edmonds). Plus, with that defense, a .250, 7 HR, 60 RBI woulda be accepted. To say he has been hitting the ball well the last couple months would be an understatement, he's been mashing it. To get his average up to what it is form what it was takes a helluva lotta hits.

So maybe, maybe Lieber. But only if he can be had for cheap.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:17 PM   #1900
All Star

OVR: 25

The Sox don't need another shortstop and I don't think they are honestly considering benching or moving Gonzalez who has the inside track on the gold glove right now and has more homeruns than Derek Jeter.

Lieber would get killed in the AL, and Burrell is bad news. You wanna talk about unclutch, Burrel is a .243 hitter with runners in scoring position and a .135 hitter with runners in scoring position and 2 outs. Plus he probably would play a terrible right field at Fenway. The Red Sox already have a younger Pat Burrell on their roster, and his name is Wily Mo.

I honestly think that if the Red Sox are pursuing most of the names we've heard it is just to drive up their price. We know Toronto wants Julio Lugo and the Yankees are searching for a corner outfielder with power. That and most trade rumors are just speculation on the part of the writer. I think the only reason we see the Red Sox being attached to Lugo is because they were interested in the off-season.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:49 PM   #1901
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

The Big Hurt is killing us today. Hopefully with Wells coming back, this is Snyder's last outing for the Red Sox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 05:51 PM   #1902
The World's Smartest Man

TheGenius's Arena

OVR: 10

Snyder looked great for 3 innings today, then completely fell apart (Thanks a lot to the Big Hurt). Mirabelli also still looks so lost at the plate it's not even funny. When Orsillo says he's been improving his average but is still under .200...ouch.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:06 PM   #1903
All Star

OVR: 25

I think its time to say goodbye to the Kyle Snyder experiment. He just doesn't appear to have what it takes to be a starter in the AL right now.

The Sox looked like a team ready to head home today as they were pretty swing-happy at the plate and never got into a rhythm. They're probably looking forward to having an off-day tomorrow.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:03 AM   #1904
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Ok so no game tommorow gives us time to talk about the trade deadline . What do you guys think the Red Sox do?? Personally I think all the Julio Lugo talks are just to drive up the price because I think Alex Gonzalez is doing an excelent job of playing SS and even at the plate. The only thing I think the Sox need is starting pitching, but I wouldn't be surprised if they trade Nixon considering it is his contract year and we have Willy Mo to take his place.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »