Home

Old 07-27-2006, 06:43 PM   #1913
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Here is what I just read on the ESPN boards, take it for what it worth.

"Buster Olney was just on WFAN in NY, and they were all asking him about Barry Zito and Dontrelle Willis and Abreu and Lee and Soriano and all those regular names this trade deadline. Finally, at the end, they asked him, who is the one player that is most likely to get dealt by monday and to whom?

His answer:Miguel Cabrera to the Red Sox."

Here is the link to the thread, http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/threa...ostID=26118582

I don't post there because they are a bunch of idiots but it is interesting.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:04 PM   #1914
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

LOL at what the Phillies want for Lieber. Trading just about anyone of decent talent, let alone Lester and Hansen, would be Suppan for Sanchez the sequel. They should be more concerned with getting rid of Burrell or Abreu in the right situation...

And as far as Buster Olney is concerned, he has now brought up two of the very best players in the NL not named Pujols...apparently going to the Red Sox when we simply can't trade Lester with our staff as it is... so apparently Brandon Moss and cash considerations could do it since Lowell was the only name mentioned going to SD. I'd kill for Miguel Cabrera, but are the Marlins that happy with the Beckett trade that they want more of our prospects?? (Hansen, Ellsbury...) The Florida Sea Dogs/PawSox...??? Is it really the most likely blockbuster...
Old 07-27-2006, 09:11 PM   #1915
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Seriously can we just sign over the rights to the Portland Sea Dogs...give them the entire team for Cabrera and Willis, just to get it over with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2006, 02:13 AM   #1916
All Star

OVR: 25

No, its not the most likely blockbuster, just the most likely one involving a big market team. Something like that will get attention. While Cabrera is a downgrade defensively, obviously he's a young guy with tremendous talent and if the Red Sox can get him they'll probably do it but I'm not sure what they would be giving up. Likely major prospects in their organization and a prospect that they get for Lowell. Why am I even trying to piece this together?! It's not gonna happen.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:49 PM   #1917
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

I don't know why I listen to WEEI during the trade deadline. The last caller had us getting Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis for some random combination of prospects.

Here's a sampling of the trade ideas i've heard today on WEEI. Remember these are suggestions from idiot callers, not actual rumors.

- Nixon, Pedroia, low level prospect for Kazmir
- Hansen and Clement for Willis
- WMP and Hansen for Willis
- Nixon and Clement for Soriano

Last edited by Stu; 07-28-2006 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:16 PM   #1918
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

I bet we do all of those trades.

Yes...all of them. We'll trade Nixon and Clement to TWO different teams
Old 07-28-2006, 05:25 PM   #1919
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
I bet we do all of those trades.

Yes...all of them. We'll trade Nixon and Clement to TWO different teams

As long as it's only a really low level prospect along with Pedroia and Nixon for Kazmir, then I am down.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 07-28-2006, 06:56 PM   #1920
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm going to make a comeback to baseball then...maybe I can be that low level prospect? Tough trade market guys, gotta think outside the box like those folks on the radio...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »