Home

Old 07-29-2006, 12:02 AM   #1929
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Aside from some great plays, Coco has been pretty subpar in the field. He should have had that ball that hit off the monster and that throw was pathetic.

At least he's not making 12 million a year though.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 07-29-2006, 12:11 AM   #1930
All Star

OVR: 25

I think he's been fine in the field for the most part, but his throws need work. He frequently misses the cut-off man. It looks like he's trying to throw the ball harder than he's capable.

Apparently Delcarmen is not ready to be the primary set-up man on this club. It was fun to watch him when he was hot but lately he's been getting hit pretty well. This game looks over which means Lester will likely take his first loss.

EDIT: Lopez? When did we re-call this bum? And of course as I say that he falls behind 2-0 to Anderson and then gives up an RBI single on the next pitch.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:46 AM   #1931
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Great, with Seanez up, it's kinda like Gagne's motto when healthy... game over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 01:05 AM   #1932
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Were gonna be 1/2 a game up on the Yankees after tonight... But after this series I see the Red Sox entering some series where they should win alot of their games. 4 vs Cleavland, and 3 vs Tampa, Kansas City, and Baltimore before we go on to face a tough Detroit club and play 5 games vs the Yankees in 4 days witch might make or break us.

Hopefully we can win tommorow and put a stop to Jered Weaver, but the Red Sox do have a tough time facing pitchers they have never seen before .
Old 07-29-2006, 01:11 AM   #1933
All Star

Aside from Manny and Gonazo's doubles, the timely hitting was absent tonight. There's nothing more frustrating for me as a fan than to see a team strand runners at third with less than two outs. Once the pen was called on everything just snowballed anyways. It's unfortunate because with Weaver going tomorrow a loss seems likely given how well he's been pitching and how the Sox fare against pitchers they've never faced. It will be tough for the Sox to take two out of three this series, they need the good Beckett to show up tomorrow.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:45 AM   #1934
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
According to the Boston Herald, the Red Sox are making Coco Crisp available in trade talks.
The newspaper also says that Boston is shopping Trot Nixon and Wily Mo Pena as well, all in an effort to add a starting pitcher. Jul. 29 - 9:43 am et
A bit surprising I guess.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 07-29-2006, 01:16 PM   #1935
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
A bit surprising I guess.
Probably won't happen this year, but I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Crisp traded this coming off season or during next year. This is all assuming Jacoby Ellsbury continues his rapid progression through the minors. You don't need Crisp when you have a guy like Ellsbury is projecting to turn out. Of course, as with all prospects, Ellsbury could flame out quickly. This is why you keep a guy like Crisp around until then.

Jacoby Ellsbury stats. I'm digging that .359/.406/.422 line with the Sea Dogs so far this year. It's only 64 AB's, but that's real nice to see.

You can add me to this list of people disappointed with Crisp. He hasn't hit at all this season, and has seriously regressed from his 2005 numbers (though he has been better in the last few weeks, spraying doubles). Maybe this can be attributed to the thumb injury, but I imagine if he was hurting, he'd be DL'ed. I suspect he will improve in 2007 given a healthy off season, assuming he's still around in Boston.
His defense has been quite mediocre as well. Like many people have pointed out already, his throws seem to be even worse than Damon's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 02:16 PM   #1936
All Star

Olney mentioned that last night, he also said they've been shopping Mark Loretta.

For me, Crisp gets a mulligan for this year because of his injury. It came at a bad time and basically un-did his spring training. It would be nice if he could get it going for the stretch run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »