Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2006, 05:30 PM   #1945
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Ortiz gets us a much needed win today and hopefully Schilling can win us the series tommorow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 05:59 PM   #1946
All Star

OVR: 25

Olney just reported on Sportscenter that the Sox are now interested in Bobby Abreu and it looks like Abreu will get dealt to someone by Monday. I tend to think that the Sox are only getting into the mix because the Yankees are trying to get him as well. He just comes way too expensive as whoever gets him will likely have to pay for his 16 million dollar option next season. Abreu isn't a bad player, but he also isn't worth 16 million plus prospects.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:11 PM   #1947
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Now he's saying we're trying to work out a major multi-team deal, potentially with SD involved...

Personally, I like the idea of making some key players like Loretta available...may not be a bad idea to sell high while Pedroia can come in and probably play pretty good at second. I think we look pretty good as a team, but the truth is, we're going to look different next year so we may as well entertain some deals.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:16 AM   #1948
All Star

I don't mind it either, though I am reluctant to part with Lowell (unless its for an obvious upgrade like Cabrera, but I consider that highly unlikely) just because his defense has been so good and thats the one thing we've been able to count on all year with the Red Sox. The pitching sometimes goes into a slump, as does the hitting, but the defense is always good. I think Nixon or Coco could step into that number 2 spot in the lineup with relative ease. And while Loretta's glove has been solid, its not really spectacular and I think he's replaceable with someone like Pedroia but I'm not for trading Loretta for the sake of trading Loretta. The team seems to enjoy playing together and Loretta seems to be a well-liked guy in the clubhouse and there is no reason to break up the chemistry in favor of some low to mid level prospect or middle reliever, which is likely all that Loretta would bring in.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:33 AM   #1949
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
"there's no such thing as clutch"

I'll say it again...

tell that to David Ortiz.
The guy is nuts... as much as I despise him I gotta give him his credit.

Old 07-30-2006, 02:39 PM   #1950
All Star

Lackey pitches for Anaheim tonight and in his career he has never beat the Red Sox. Manny owns him and several other guys have good numbers against him. Still, Lackey is very quietly having a Cy Young calibre season. The wins aren't there but batters are barely hitting over .200 against him. Of course, he'll be opposed by Curt Schilling.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:16 PM   #1951
The World's Smartest Man

TheGenius's Arena

OVR: 10

Thank you, Kendrick. Maybe the Sox can answer now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2006, 08:20 PM   #1952
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

May I just say...

Orel Hershiser is 25 X better than Joe Morgan. Already, through a half inning, he has provided more insight than Joe has all year and failed to contradict himself. Please, please, please ESPN...Orel equals ratings!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »