Home

Old 07-30-2006, 10:57 PM   #1985
The World's Smartest Man

TheGenius's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Well glad they made it interesting for a few minutes. Van Buren is the human victory cigar though, apparently.

I mean for the other team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2006, 11:03 PM   #1986
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

First off...what a catch by Coco! Second...damnit if the kid could just throw a baseball!!
Old 07-30-2006, 11:07 PM   #1987
Hall Of Fame

Kashanova's Arena

OVR: 30

y are they still showing all star game commercials?
Old 07-30-2006, 11:13 PM   #1988
All Star

OVR: 25

Total disaster of a game. Schill didn't have it against a team he's owned in the past, and go figure the guy he's up against has been owned by the Sox in his career. Seemed like a win on paper, but thats why they play the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Globe
It's the trade everyone has been waiting for from the Red Sox front office. Umm...

Or maybe not.

The Red Sox just announced that they acquired righthander Bryan Corey from Texas for righthander Luis Mendoza.

Corey has not been added to the active roster, just the 40-man, taking the place of injured pitcher Matt Clement, who was moved to the 60-day disabled list (still retroactive to June 15). He had a 1-1 record with a 2.60 ERA in 16 games with the Rangers.
Corey didn't look bad when he appeared against the Red Sox, he's an upgrade over Tavarez anyways. I hope that bum is DFA'd on Tuesday.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:26 PM   #1989
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
Corey didn't look bad when he appeared against the Red Sox, he's an upgrade over Tavarez anyways. I hope that bum is DFA'd on Tuesday.
With the way things turn out, if we DFA Tavarez, he probably turns in to Chad Fox part deux.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 07-30-2006, 11:47 PM   #1990
All Star

Ehh, if he does he does. He isn't going to pitch well in Boston, that's for sure. He constantly leaves his sinker up and his breaking ball has been non-existant this year.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:50 PM   #1991
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

I've been checking out the trade rumors at SoSH today and apparently, someone claiming to be in the know has stated that Loretta was seen leaving Fenway (not in the lineup originally) because the deal for Julio Lugo is done. No mention if it's straight up, part of a bigger deal... nothing but speculation as far as I'm concerned, but keep an eye out for some info surrounding the situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2006, 11:51 PM   #1992
All Star

I saw him the dugout during the game, see if you can spot him during the rest of the telecast (that is, of course, if you're still watching. I've opted for cartoons at this point).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »