Home

Old 08-02-2006, 11:24 PM   #2089
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Wow thats one of the all time worst meltdowns i've ever seen.

Byung Hun Kim-esque. Minus the world series.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 08-02-2006, 11:26 PM   #2090
MVP

OVR: 9

I actually feel bad for the kid, he flying through the outing then went nuts on mound and lobbed it up for Lorretta... 2 blown saves 2 walk offs...
Old 08-02-2006, 11:27 PM   #2091
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Wow thats one of the all time worst meltdowns i've ever seen.
Absolutely. That pretty much is the definition of ****ting the bed. Holy sweet goddamn, a septic tank exploded on his bed sheets. What a brutal job there.

HAhahahha Eckersley is absolutely roasting Carmona on the post game show. "This is one of the most pathetic appearances I've ever seen".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2006, 11:29 PM   #2092
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
Byung Hun Kim-esque. Minus the world series.
Also minus throwing 50 pitches before blowing it.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:30 PM   #2093
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
Absolutely. That pretty much is the definition of ****ting the bed. Holy sweet goddamn, a septic tank exploded on his bed sheets. What a brutal job there.

HAhahahha Eckersley is absolutely roasting Carmona on the post game show. "This is one of the most pathetic appearances I've ever seen".

Quote of the year candidate.

I actually feel bad for him. The guy is crushed.

Oh well. Keep churning him out there Wedge. Maybe he'll turn the corner.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 08-02-2006, 11:45 PM   #2094
All Star

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJ
Loretta had a golden opportunity for the old "duck away from the pitch" to bring a run in. Completely blew it.

I would prefer our starting second basemen doesn't take a 97mph pitch off his chin. Obviously, he knew what he was doing.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:24 AM   #2095
MVP

Quote:
Kerry Wood said Wednesday that he has decided against having surgery to repair his injured right shoulder and that he intends to return next season as a reliever.
Wood, who has a partially torn rotator cuff, kept having setbacks as he reached 60-70 pitches in his throwing sessions. Rehab and shorter outings may give him the best chance of contributing next season. Where he'll be trying his comeback is anyone's guess. The Cubs will buy out his option year, and they have enough well compensated relievers as is. He'll probably take an incentive-laden deal elsewhere. Aug. 2 - 11:20 pm et
I know it's a looong way away, but it would be pretty sweet if Theo could work out a deal for him.

Something along the lines of David Wells' contract constructed for a reliever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2006, 12:36 AM   #2096
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
I know it's a looong way away, but it would be pretty sweet if Theo could work out a deal for him.

Something along the lines of David Wells' contract constructed for a reliever.
I could see the Red Sox doing that. We don't really know whats going to happen with Timlin because he is old. I wouldn't mind giving him a try if it wasn't and outrageous contract.

Also, what kind of numbers do you think Willy Mo ,Lester and Papelbon (as a starter) are capable of putting up?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »