Home

Old 08-03-2006, 10:57 PM   #2129
All Star

OVR: 25
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Unless Lowell asked out of the game, that was the stupidest substitution I've ever seen. Terrible loss, bad homestand, as the Sox go 3-4. Two games back in the loss column.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #2130
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
Unless Lowell asked out of the game, that was the stupidest substitution I've ever seen. Terrible loss, bad homestand, as the Sox go 3-4. Two games back in the loss column.
In all honesty they could have been swept by cleveland, at least we were saved of that......is lopez on his way to tampa I hope...
Old 08-03-2006, 11:13 PM   #2131
MVP

OVR: 15

It's kind of sad Lester has been out-pitching Beckett since he's been called up.

This "I'll just gas it by them" bullsh*t approach by JB is the most close minded way of pitching I've seen in quite a while. It's amazing he hasn't realized it by now. Texas sized hard-headed ******.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2006, 12:44 AM   #2132
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

The one thing I don't understand about Beckett is how come he can't slow down his change-up. I mean come on it's as fast as most peoples fastball. Can't he just throw it a little slower? Going from a mid to upper 90's fastball to a low 90's change-up isn't as big of a difference as it should be. If he could throw a change-up thats in the mid 80's he could probably be great.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:21 AM   #2133
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Another thing. How long does it take for Francona to put Pena behind Manny??

1.Youk
2.Loretta
3.Ortiz
4.Manny
5.Pena
6.Lowell
7.Crisp
8.Lopez/Mirabelli(terrible...)
9.Gonzalez

That 3,4,5 would be devastating. And in a situation like tonight I would rather have Willy Mo swinging for the fences and striking out then Mirabelli fouling out.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #2134
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid
The one thing I don't understand about Beckett is how come he can't slow down his change-up. I mean come on it's as fast as most peoples fastball. Can't he just throw it a little slower? Going from a mid to upper 90's fastball to a low 90's change-up isn't as big of a difference as it should be. If he could throw a change-up thats in the mid 80's he could probably be great.
The change-up is one of the hardest pitches to master. I'm sure the coaching staff will work with him on it next spring but August isn't the time to start fooling around with new pitches.

The funny thing is, his change-up was working pretty well early in this game even though it was 90-91 mph and guys were fouling it off or missing it. And then he just abandoned it after a few innings. Maybe Huckaby wasn't calling for it but I was sitting there waiting for the meltdown after about the 4th inning when I noticed he was throwing 90% fastballs (most of them belt high) and the few curves he was throwing were missing in the same spot (down and way in on lefties).
Old 08-04-2006, 04:36 PM   #2135
All Star

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...s/extra_bases/

Lopez deal is done. He was traded for a PTBNL, believed to be either Adam Stern or Alejandro Machado. The Red Sox also received around 1.7 million from the Orioles. The Devil Rays may try to block the Sox from sending Machado or Stern though because they have a grudge against the Sox, though such a block does not un-do the deal. Lopez will be in uniform tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2006, 08:23 PM   #2136
All Star

With the addition of cowbell night, Tampa Bay is now the undisputed most annoying venue in all of baseball.

And in other news, Schilling serves up a lead-off gopher ball...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »