Home

Old 08-04-2006, 08:33 PM   #2137
Hall Of Fame

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
With the addition of cowbell night, Tampa Bay is now the undisputed most annoying venue in all of baseball.

The Tigers had to put up with those cowbells for the past four nights.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:47 PM   #2138
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

Oh ****s, Mirabelli got injured, almost identically to how Varitek did, and now Lopez is thrust into the game. Cora now the emergency catcher. Things have really not been going well since last Satuday, eh?
Old 08-04-2006, 10:00 PM   #2139
All Star

OVR: 25

Vintage Schilling there in the 6th, bases loaded, one out, and he just gases Upton and Perez with 97mph. Someone tell Beckett to pay attention to this outing.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:29 PM   #2140
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Ortiz with his 2nd homer of the game!!! Camera guys didn't trick us on this one!!
Old 08-04-2006, 11:09 PM   #2141
All Star

Solid win for the Sox. Schilling didn't have much going for him tonight outside of his fastball but he made it work for 7 innings just giving up the two solo shots. Ortiz and the bullpen did the rest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2006, 11:26 AM   #2142
MVP

OVR: 15

For some reason I thought yesterday was off day/travel day so didn't even get to see the game.

Fortunately we won. Looks like Papi came through yet again, and Schilling had another solid outing.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 08-05-2006, 01:28 PM   #2143
All Star

Hopefully Wells can build upon his first outing tonight and locate his fastball better. The stuff looked good but the results didn't against Cleveland, it would be nice to see that change (for the better). I won't be able to watch the game though as I'll be in Pawtucket watching Keith Foulke attempt his come-back.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:58 PM   #2144
All Star

Yuck. Josh Paul and Greg Norton (who?!) were a combined 6 for 8 with 5 runs batted in and 4 runs scored in tonight's 8-5 Tampa Bay win. An error but Ortiz opened the door for a big 4th that saw Wells give up 4 runs, none earned, after not allowing a hit for the first 3 innings. After the Sox made it close, Hansen self-destructed in the 8th and now has a 5.47 ERA, it might be time to send him back to Triple A and bring someone up to strengthen the bench. The Sox still managed to bring the go ahead run to the plate in the 9th in Javy Lopez who (after I made the accurate prediction to my dad) grounded into a game ending double play. He's 0 for 9 and has grounded into 2 double plays as a member of the Red Sox. It seems a little odd to say the Sox should have won a game they trailed for most of, but that was a very winnable game. They're just 3-6 at the Trop this year. I listened to most of the game on the radio and did not see Wells pitch so I don't know how his stuff looked today vs earlier in the week against Cleveland.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I attended the Pawsox game today (they were shutout by the Skychiefs 3-0, Alvarez took the loss, Machado, Pedroia, and Stern all had hits) and saw Keith Foulke pitch. He started the game and went two innings allowing on hit (a 2-out double in the first), one walk, and I think he struck out 2. His fastball was between 85-88 (with about 4 out of 5 being 88) and his change-up looked particularly nasty. The last hitter he faced he was a lefty that he struck out with a change-up down and away at 73 mph. From my vantage poing behind homeplate it looked just like a screwball with a really exaggerrated break. Most of the change-ups he threw were at 75mph. He was throwing a third pitch that was between 81-84 that I believe was his slider. He threw a fair amount of them and the catcher was having a hard time handling them (I'm guessing he was crossed up more than once). Its possible that some of those low 80's pitches were his splitter which he was considering bringing back this season but from where I was sitting I couldn't really notice much break on these pitches. The good news is that most of the hitters were late on his fastball and he was getting swings and misses so if there was one positive tonight its that Keith Foulke looks like he may contribute down the stretch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »