Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid
Something needs to change...
The thing that needs to change is to get Wakefield and Tek back. Unfortunately neither of those is happening in the near future.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:11 AM   #2210
All Star

OVR: 25

Tough to be optimistic. This is the time of the year where they should be cashing in on facing the bottom feeders of the AL. They've gone 3 and 6 against the Indians, Devil Rays, and Royals. At this point I'm almost hoping for the Yankees to bury them in that 5 game series so I can have my nights back. I'm certainly not setting aside my time anymore to watch this crap. I have a lot of stuff I need to get done over the next week a half and thats going to be my priority but I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel for this team right now. The Sox are only 4 games over .500 against the AL (26-21 against East, 10-11 against Central, 13-13 against West). They've allowed more runs on the season than any other contender (unless you consider Texas a contender) and the schedule only gets harder from here on out. If not for that amazing run against the NL this team wouldn't be a contender.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:23 AM   #2211
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

I definitely won't be listening to WEEI tomorrow. They're going to be talking people off the Tobin all day.

Hopefully they respond to this like they did after getting swept by Minnesota. Maybe some games vs Detroit and the Yankees is just what they need to wake up because the concentration obviously hasn't been there since the all star break.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2006, 01:26 AM   #2212
All Star

OVR: 25

I can see it now, 90% of tomorrow's callers on The Big Show will be saying the Sox should have traded Lester, Hansen, and Delcarmen for Roy Oswalt and Andruw Jones. Some may even suggest the Sox should have traded their young talent for the likes of Cory Lidle and Livan Hernandez. Gotta love those WEEI callers sometimes.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:39 AM   #2213
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

This is going to be all over the news, radio and espn tommorow. It may get ugly in the morning when people that went to bed before the game ended get up and hear or read what happened. I can see some people calling for Franconas' head tommorow which may or may not be called for.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #2214
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13

Those pesky Royals are tough boys...

Old 08-10-2006, 10:36 AM   #2215
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman11747
Those pesky Royals are tough boys...

Haha. It does kind of remind me of the trouble the Yankees had with them last year.

Interestingly enough, the Red Sox are 1 game off their pace from last year.

I broke in and turned on WEEI this morning. The small ball crowd is out saying we need to bunt, steal bases, manufacture runs, etc. One guy said Ortiz should bunt instead of trying to hit HR's every time. This just reinforces my belief that 99% of Red Sox fans are complete morons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2006, 12:12 PM   #2216
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Haha. It does kind of remind me of the trouble the Yankees had with them last year.

Interestingly enough, the Red Sox are 1 game off their pace from last year.

I broke in and turned on WEEI this morning. The small ball crowd is out saying we need to bunt, steal bases, manufacture runs, etc. One guy said Ortiz should bunt instead of trying to hit HR's every time. This just reinforces my belief that 99% of Red Sox fans are complete morons.

LMAO wow

I've streamed EEI on their site a few times but was never really able to take it in large doses. Although that segment they play on the Big Show (I think that was it) where people leave voice mail is kinda funny.

Some Foulke news:

Quote:
Keith Foulke reportedly experienced back tightness while pitching in what was supposed to be his final minor league rehab game Wednesday.

He also turned in a second straight sub par performance and his expected Friday return may be pushed back. "His velocity was good, around 89, which is pretty good," manager Terry Francona said. "They thought he was fighting his mechanics some, plus his lower back. They said his elbow’s great but his back was a little stiff."
No news with this team seems to be good news lately. We really could have used an effective KF the rest of the way. It's looking more and more likely he might be done.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »