Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2006, 10:20 PM   #2297
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid
Has anyone noticed the numbers that Cla Meredith has been putting up in San Diego? He's who we traded with Josh Bard to get Mirabelli back.

1-1 1.23 era 16K 3Walks in 22.0 innings pitched, I would kill for those numbers to be in our bullpen and not to mention he's only 23... Why him, why not just money and Bard to get Mirabelli back...

Probably because SD had us grabbing our ankles considering the Wakefield angle.

I missed tonight's game, glad I did. Josh Beckett, please die.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 08-14-2006, 10:42 PM   #2298
All Star

OVR: 25

Wow, I didn't think it was possible for a starter to walk 4 Tigers in 6 innings of work. Beckett accomplished a pretty rare feat tonight. Bravo.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:25 AM   #2299
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid
1-1 1.23 era 16K 3Walks in 22.0 innings pitched, I would kill for those numbers to be in our bullpen and not to mention he's only 23... Why him, why not just money and Bard to get Mirabelli back...
Do you really think Meredith is going to put up the same numbers vs. the NL West as he would against the American League? The Red Sox called him up in 2005. He wasn't ready and he sucked. They had to get Mirabelli back because Bard was killing Wakefield starts. I saw his stuff; it really wasn't anything that special. Just a 2 seamer with a lot of movement, and that's about it.

I bet if Rudy Seanez goes to the NL West tomorrow, he pitches 15 scoreless innings. The fact is, there is a huge talent differential between leagues and production in one can't be compared with production in the other.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:59 PM   #2300
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

I have to laugh at all the attention being given to Beckett "tipping his pitches". Javy Lopez was quoted today as saying he's going to check videotapes to see if Beckett is showing what pitch he's gonna throw.

I find this to absolutely hysterical. I think everybody would agree that Lopez should probably save the time dedicated to finding Beckett's tipping and use it to figure out how to stop balls getting by him. Jason Varitek can't come back soon enough; I can't stand this clown Lopez.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:03 PM   #2301
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
Do you really think Meredith is going to put up the same numbers vs. the NL West as he would against the American League? The Red Sox called him up in 2005. He wasn't ready and he sucked. They had to get Mirabelli back because Bard was killing Wakefield starts. I saw his stuff; it really wasn't anything that special. Just a 2 seamer with a lot of movement, and that's about it.

I bet if Rudy Seanez goes to the NL West tomorrow, he pitches 15 scoreless innings. The fact is, there is a huge talent differential between leagues and production in one can't be compared with production in the other.

I don't think he would be putting up those same numbers but I like that he doesn't walk a bunch of people and he is only 23 and still improving. And I do think he sucked last year but you can't make a fair judgement on him considering he only pitched 2.1 innings with the Red Sox last year and walked 4, gave up 7 runs and had a 27.00 era.

Here's to hoping our other young pitchers can turn it around like he did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2006, 04:07 PM   #2302
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
I have to laugh at all the attention being given to Beckett "tipping his pitches". Javy Lopez was quoted today as saying he's going to check videotapes to see if Beckett is showing what pitch he's gonna throw.

I find this to absolutely hysterical. I think everybody would agree that Lopez should probably save the time dedicated to finding Beckett's tipping and use it to figure out how to stop balls getting by him. Jason Varitek can't come back soon enough; I can't stand this clown Lopez.

True.

Do batters really need to look for a pitchers tell when all he can really throw is a fastball on a rope?
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 08-15-2006, 07:54 PM   #2303
MVP

Seeing that fairweather SOB Dennis Leary in the booth tonight at Fenway makes my skin crawl.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:03 PM   #2304
MVP

I hate Leary but LMAO@ "Where's Mel Gibson now?!?!?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »