Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2006, 09:03 PM   #2329
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Damn, Cora was well safe...
Old 08-16-2006, 09:05 PM   #2330
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood

I'm probably sounding harsh on Pena here, but I am strongly opposed to seeing him as the starting right fielder in 2007. I really think it will hurt the team. Obviously, you can not move around Ramirez and Ortiz so I say they decline to offer Nixon arbitration (obviously), trade Wily Mo, and sign Carlos Lee! How crappy can Lee be in RF?

Probably just as bad as Pena. Remember Fenway's right field is probably one of the hardest to play in all of baseball.

Lee is is the superior hitter but I doubt he's worth what he's going to command on the open market, to the Red Sox.

And someone please, tell me Hale was telling Cora to stop at third.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 08-16-2006, 09:07 PM   #2331
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
And someone please, tell me Hale was telling Cora to stop at third.
Even if he did, Cora beat a perfect throw...Coco should have 3 RBIs on that easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2006, 09:10 PM   #2332
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
Even if he did, Cora beat a perfect throw...Coco should have 3 RBIs on that easy.

I'm watching the game on ESPN and the only shot I've seen is the behind the plate and high.

Are their any other angles being shown on NESN?
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 08-16-2006, 09:10 PM   #2333
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Hello Boston fans, apparently the Blue Jays are going to give you guys Eric Hinske in a salary dump. Hinske would be in a platoon with Willy Mo Pena at RF.

This is according to Ken Rosenthal.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 08-16-2006, 09:16 PM   #2334
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Hello Boston fans, apparently the Blue Jays are going to give you guys Eric Hinske in a salary dump. Hinske would be in a platoon with Willy Mo Pena at RF.

Oh. Well.

I guess that's alright. Thanks for the info. I'm suprised they are dealing within the division.

Any word on what the sox are giving back?

When does Hinske's contract expire?

per rotoworld

Quote:
The Red Sox are talking to the Blue Jays about a deal for Eric Hinske, who will make about $1.4 million over the rest of this year and is owed $5.6 million next year.
There are a lot of teams that could use Hinske with the way he's hit this year, but the Red Sox would seem to be somewhere near the bottom of the list and he'd only be a decent acquisition if the Jays took on a portion of what he's due next year. If the Red Sox are truly serious about trading for him, it could be a sign that they're especially concerned about Trot Nixon's biceps injury.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:18 PM   #2335
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

From the short article/blurb:

The Blue Jays have been looking to move Hinske's contract since last off-season. Hinske is owed the balance of his $4.325 million salary this season and $5.6 million next season.

No details on who the Sox would give up. It sounds like a pure salary dump so it would probably be a PTBNL

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2006, 09:34 PM   #2336
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO

That doesn't make sense since we already have Gabe Kapler if we wanted to platoon Willy Mo. I'll beleive this when I see it and if it is true it seems stupid and desperate because I think we still have Stern and Mohr in AAA or at least one of them I think. I do beleive you though not to sound like a jerk.

And I wouldn't want Lee in RF either because I remember hearing around the trade deadline that he has bad knee's and could potentially move to DH in 2 years so Im not so sure I want him.

And personally I don't want to give up one of the better young power hitters in baseball so we can get someone that plays good defense. After Ortiz and Manny there is a big drop off in homeruns and I think Willy Mo's bat would be nice to have around.

Last edited by Dispatch; 08-16-2006 at 09:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »