Home

Old 08-19-2006, 12:25 AM   #2377
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

I understand Lester in the majors even though he isn't ready. He's had some high ups and low downs.

But has Hansen shown anything what-so-ever that warrants keeping him in the majors as long as he's been here? Aside from a fleeting flash of something good a game or two ago, he's really done nothing that I can remember.

Send him back down.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 08-19-2006, 12:28 AM   #2378
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
I understand Lester in the majors even though he isn't ready. He's had some high ups and low downs.

But has Hansen shown anything what-so-ever that warrants keeping him in the majors as long as he's been here? Aside from a fleeting flash of something good a game or two ago, he's really done nothing that I can remember.

Send him back down.
Yea I beleive we should send him back down too. We could bring up Van Buren and make Hansen the closer in AAA and see how he still does as a closer. And hopefully he can be ready for next year and possibly take the closing role then.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:32 AM   #2379
MVP

OVR: 15

Timlin you piece of ****.

But hey, the offense only scored 10 runs!

How can we expect them to win with that kind of run production?
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 08-19-2006, 12:37 AM   #2380
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

Nice job having someone warming up in the bullpen Francona. This is terrible, can we dress Tavarez up in someones uniform and put him back in the game?

And there has to be someone that is capable of managing this team because I personally don't think Francona can get the job done anymore.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:34 AM   #2381
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

I guess Ortiz isn't done yet... Homerun of Mo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2006, 02:38 AM   #2382
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha

Send him back down.
Or trade him this offseason while his value is still high...
Old 08-19-2006, 08:35 AM   #2383
All Star

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid
Nice job having someone warming up in the bullpen Francona. This is terrible, can we dress Tavarez up in someones uniform and put him back in the game?

And there has to be someone that is capable of managing this team because I personally don't think Francona can get the job done anymore.
Can't blame that one on Francona. He had Hansen for one inning with a 3 run lead and he pulled Hansen real quick. Timlin just stunk. A 3-2 count on Jeter and he throws the ball middle-away, someone remind him Jeter is leading the league or among the leaders in opposite field hits please. Dumb pitch selection, worse execution.

This Sox team no longer matches up well with the Yankees. The starting pitching isn't around the strike zone enough and that Yankees lineup makes pitchers throw strikes. Lester couldn't get ahead tonight, he got pounded, Beckett will likely have a similar fate. Schilling is the only guy with a chance, and maybe Wells, but Wells no longer has good stuff to go with his command and they'll probably tee-off on him as well. In my mind, the season is over, but it has been that way for about two weeks now.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:24 PM   #2384
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Beckett is my idol.

Ah, thank you Mr. Clutch.

Last edited by Beantown; 08-19-2006 at 02:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »