Old 08-21-2006, 02:18 AM   #2441
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman11747
Btw...speaking of head sizes....how come no one ever comments on the bulbous head of Ortiz and his sudden transformation from average hitter in Minny to superstar in Boston. (and I dont buy the ridiculous arguement that "they told him to not hit HRs in Minnesota)
Could have something to do with the fact that he doesn't have the proven history of being a juicer. Or the two broken wrists he suffered in Minnesota. Or the FACT that they tried to alter his hitting style in Minnesota by trying to get him to go the opposite way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2006, 02:19 AM   #2442
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Does nobody realize Giambi is back on the juice, or do people just not care anymore?

It's very possible, but the one thing I'll say in his defense is that in 2004 he had that parasite and that tumor that sapped all his strength. Could be why he couldn't get his strength back and why he struggled for so long.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:23 AM   #2443
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I'm assuming the Sox lost?

As for Giambi, I have the sneaking suspicious he's on something again. I could be wrong but that's just my gut feeling on it. BTW to the Yankee fan I did ask how Ortiz became God's gift to Clutch but I don't think it's steroids.

Anywho now that the Sox are out of it I guess it's now a battle between the Jays and Sox over 2nd place

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 08-21-2006, 02:29 AM   #2444
MVP

OVR: 8

Ortiz takes some form of steroids. Giambi takes some form of steroids. A-Rod takes some form of steroids. Matsui takes some form of steroids. Sheffield takes some form of steroids. Manny takes some form of steroids.

Who have I missed?
Old 08-21-2006, 02:31 AM   #2445
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysosa
Matsui takes some form of steroids.
I have a hard time believing that one. Offer up some kind of evidence of some kind please.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2006, 02:32 AM   #2446
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Good season...at least i wont have to worry if I missed a Red Sox game from now on.

Bring on football.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:48 AM   #2447
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm pretty sure Giambi wouldn't be hitting .250 if he was back on steriods.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-21-2006, 10:52 AM   #2448
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman11747
Btw...speaking of head sizes....how come no one ever comments on the bulbous head of Ortiz and his sudden transformation from average hitter in Minny to superstar in Boston. (and I dont buy the ridiculous arguement that "they told him to not hit HRs in Minnesota)
Ortiz didn't go through a complete physical transer after coming to Boston, he looks the exact same as he did in Minn.

While Giambi is magically hitting as well as he ever did with the juice. If he could do this without the stuff, why did he use it?

I hate that guy. F*cking hate that cheating piece of sh*t.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »