Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2006, 10:58 AM   #2449
ehh
Hall Of Fame
 
ehh's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 29,062
Blog Entries: 9
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha

While Giambi is magically hitting as well as he ever did with the juice.
I didn't know he was hitting .340 this year.
__________________
"You make your name in the regular season, and your fame in the postseason." - Clyde Frazier

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
ehh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:33 AM   #2450
Banned
 
GBrushTWood's Arena
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Atlanta, GA
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman11747
Dont feel bad. One day you can tell your children your team was owned by not just some scrub..but the greatest ever.
Wow, I thought you were a cool baseball fan, but you showed your true colors with this post, lumping yourself in with the rest of the arrogant Yankee fan vermin.

You do realize that you are cheering for almost a sure thing every year? I don't see any difference between $hit talking Yankee fans and somebody who takes enjoyment out of betting for a number greater than 2 to show up on a roll of dice. How is there any enjoyment in that? That's not a reflection of reality. Seth Mnookin made another great analogy to how absurd the Yankees operate: In real life, if you break your leg, you do not just go out an purchase another leg. You work to rehabilitate it, a time consuming and costly process itself. The Yankees simply go out and purchase the shiniest, fanciest leg available at the store and surgically install it.

So, congratulations, you guys will once again win the division, mainly because your bottomless wallets allowed you to virtually eliminate all factors that could lead to not making the playoffs (bad luck, injuries, underperformance) that happen to 29 other teams in baseball. If this makes you feel good about yourself, I really feel bad for you, because clearly you must fail at all other aspects of your life. Take pride in winning the division again, you probably have nothing else to hang your head on..

And no, I really am not bitter about the Red Sox falling apart in 2006. I'm more or less fine with the plan they have in place. Crummy luck, old guys underperforming, and injuries just plain happen in baseball. That's reality guys. It's reality for every other team except 1. I just get extremely irritated when puke Yankee fans gloat and talk $hit, because it's a chicken **** thing to do, especially when you're the rich-boy fancy pants in the class. A little humility would be nice.



*edit* Oh, and don't even bring the "stop whining about money, the Red Sox have the 2nd highest payroll!!". Don't even bring it up, because there is 0 other teams that could have pulled off that Abreu deal. This is fact.

Last edited by GBrushTWood; 08-21-2006 at 11:38 AM.
GBrushTWood is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:48 AM   #2451
Sitting by the door
 
Dice's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chicago, IL.
Posts: 6,669
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
Wow, I thought you were a cool baseball fan, but you showed your true colors with this post, lumping yourself in with the rest of the arrogant Yankee fan vermin.

You do realize that you are cheering for almost a sure thing every year? I don't see any difference between $hit talking Yankee fans and somebody who takes enjoyment out of betting for a number greater than 2 to show up on a roll of dice. How is there any enjoyment in that? That's not a reflection of reality. Seth Mnookin made another great analogy to how absurd the Yankees operate: In real life, if you break your leg, you do not just go out an purchase another leg. You work to rehabilitate it, a time consuming and costly process itself. The Yankees simply go out and purchase the shiniest, fanciest leg available at the store and surgically install it.

So, congratulations, you guys will once again win the division, mainly because your bottomless wallets allowed you to virtually eliminate all factors that could lead to not making the playoffs (bad luck, injuries, underperformance) that happen to 29 other teams in baseball. If this makes you feel good about yourself, I really feel bad for you, because clearly you must fail at all other aspects of your life. Take pride in winning the division again, you probably have nothing else to hang your head on..

And no, I really am not bitter about the Red Sox falling apart in 2006. I'm more or less fine with the plan they have in place. Crummy luck, old guys underperforming, and injuries just plain happen in baseball. That's reality guys. It's reality for every other team except 1. I just get extremely irritated when puke Yankee fans gloat and talk $hit, because it's a chicken **** thing to do, especially when you're the rich-boy fancy pants in the class. A little humility would be nice.



*edit* Oh, and don't even bring the "stop whining about money, the Red Sox have the 2nd highest payroll!!". Don't even bring it up, because there is 0 other teams that could have pulled off that Abreu deal. This is fact.
I though White Sox fans were the most hated fans? Or is it just fans that beat your team? Don't worry, we'll be putting the Red Sox out of their misery once we elimate them from the Wild Card race.
Dice is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #2452
Stu
All Star
 
Stu's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boston
Posts: 7,927
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
I though White Sox fans were the most hated fans? Or is it just fans that beat your team? Don't worry, we'll be putting the Red Sox out of their misery once we elimate them from the Wild Card race.
No, just the most ignorant.

In all seriousness though, the Red Sox are already eliminated. You can't lose your CF, C and 3 starters for significant amounts of time and still expect to be competetive. Either way, I still agree with the direction the Red Sox are taking. They didn't make a stupid move and try to fix a team that was clearly beyond fixing at the trade deadline.
__________________
Sim Gaming Network
Stu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:58 AM   #2453
ehh
Hall Of Fame
 
ehh's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 29,062
Blog Entries: 9
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
Wow, I thought you were a cool baseball fan, but you showed your true colors with this post, lumping yourself in with the rest of the arrogant Yankee fan vermin.

You do realize that you are cheering for almost a sure thing every year? I don't see any difference between $hit talking Yankee fans and somebody who takes enjoyment out of betting for a number greater than 2 to show up on a roll of dice. How is there any enjoyment in that? That's not a reflection of reality. Seth Mnookin made another great analogy to how absurd the Yankees operate: In real life, if you break your leg, you do not just go out an purchase another leg. You work to rehabilitate it, a time consuming and costly process itself. The Yankees simply go out and purchase the shiniest, fanciest leg available at the store and surgically install it.

So, congratulations, you guys will once again win the division, mainly because your bottomless wallets allowed you to virtually eliminate all factors that could lead to not making the playoffs (bad luck, injuries, underperformance) that happen to 29 other teams in baseball. If this makes you feel good about yourself, I really feel bad for you, because clearly you must fail at all other aspects of your life. Take pride in winning the division again, you probably have nothing else to hang your head on..

And no, I really am not bitter about the Red Sox falling apart in 2006. I'm more or less fine with the plan they have in place. Crummy luck, old guys underperforming, and injuries just plain happen in baseball. That's reality guys. It's reality for every other team except 1. I just get extremely irritated when puke Yankee fans gloat and talk $hit, because it's a chicken **** thing to do, especially when you're the rich-boy fancy pants in the class. A little humility would be nice.



*edit* Oh, and don't even bring the "stop whining about money, the Red Sox have the 2nd highest payroll!!". Don't even bring it up, because there is 0 other teams that could have pulled off that Abreu deal. This is fact.
I obviously agree with some of your points because they are facts, but geez, the "shiniest leg in the world" is a guy who was hitting .277 with 8 dingers when they got him? Abreu has had a great series this weekend, but it's not like the guy is one of the best players in baseball.

The Yankees going out and getting A-Rod and Randy Johnson is obviously stupid, I never wanted either of them, but Abreu isn't a terribly unfair acquistion IMO.

Also, about the Yankees' wallets allowing them to avoid pitfalls that all other teams come across, I've seen Red Sox fans on this board admit that the Yankees would not have made the playoffs last year and prolly wouldn't make it this year if it wasn't for Robinson Cano, Melky Cabrera and Chien-Ming Wang. Those three don't have anything to do with their wallets.

Certainly there are arrogant, stupid Yankee fans but every team has them, including Boston.
__________________
"You make your name in the regular season, and your fame in the postseason." - Clyde Frazier

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
ehh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:01 PM   #2454
Sitting by the door
 
Dice's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chicago, IL.
Posts: 6,669
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Certainly there are arrogant, stupid Yankee fans but every team has them, including Boston.
AMEN!
Dice is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:11 PM   #2455
Pro
 
davehughes14's Arena
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wausau, WI
Posts: 789
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
No, just the most ignorant.

In all seriousness though, the Red Sox are already eliminated. You can't lose your CF, C and 3 starters for significant amounts of time and still expect to be competetive. Either way, I still agree with the direction the Red Sox are taking. They didn't make a stupid move and try to fix a team that was clearly beyond fixing at the trade deadline.
I see your point. The Yanks in the past few years have made moves that didn't pan out and they mortgaged the farm system to do so. Even at 5 1/2 games, there's still a lot of baseball to play, and I don't think this race is over by a long shot. Just my opinion though. 4 more games still to play in the Bronx, and the Sox could easily take those 4 in Sept.
davehughes14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2006, 02:25 PM   #2456
MVP
 
Dispatch's Arena
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,339
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Here is a good article on Jacoby Ellsbury for anyone.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/ore...l=7&thispage=1

Ellsbury was also the Eastern League player of the week August 6-13 with 11 SB.

Last edited by Dispatch; 08-21-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Dispatch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:49 PM.

Top -