Home

Old 08-21-2006, 02:38 PM   #2457
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
Wow, I thought you were a cool baseball fan, but you showed your true colors with this post, lumping yourself in with the rest of the arrogant Yankee fan vermin.

You do realize that you are cheering for almost a sure thing every year? I don't see any difference between $hit talking Yankee fans and somebody who takes enjoyment out of betting for a number greater than 2 to show up on a roll of dice. How is there any enjoyment in that? That's not a reflection of reality. Seth Mnookin made another great analogy to how absurd the Yankees operate: In real life, if you break your leg, you do not just go out an purchase another leg. You work to rehabilitate it, a time consuming and costly process itself. The Yankees simply go out and purchase the shiniest, fanciest leg available at the store and surgically install it.

So, congratulations, you guys will once again win the division, mainly because your bottomless wallets allowed you to virtually eliminate all factors that could lead to not making the playoffs (bad luck, injuries, underperformance) that happen to 29 other teams in baseball. If this makes you feel good about yourself, I really feel bad for you, because clearly you must fail at all other aspects of your life. Take pride in winning the division again, you probably have nothing else to hang your head on..

And no, I really am not bitter about the Red Sox falling apart in 2006. I'm more or less fine with the plan they have in place. Crummy luck, old guys underperforming, and injuries just plain happen in baseball. That's reality guys. It's reality for every other team except 1. I just get extremely irritated when puke Yankee fans gloat and talk $hit, because it's a chicken **** thing to do, especially when you're the rich-boy fancy pants in the class. A little humility would be nice.

*edit* Oh, and don't even bring the "stop whining about money, the Red Sox have the 2nd highest payroll!!". Don't even bring it up, because there is 0 other teams that could have pulled off that Abreu deal. This is fact.
Didnt mean to offend... I was just enjoying the series way too much during a crappy weekend.

But its really not fair of you to say that its chicken **** for me to talk smack because my team's a sure thing. How is that my fault? Its not like I hopped on the bandwagon in '96. Both my parents were born in Brooklyn and my grandparents grew up in Brooklyn so my Yankee heritage goes back to the '50's. When I was a kid I rooted for this team while they were an embarassment to baseball and I didnt know if theyd ever be good.

So now that theyve transformed into a powerhouse financially and baseball wise... I'm supposed to stop rooting for them because I'm concerned that other fans are going to call me gutless because my team is a sure thing? Besides the fact that nothing is a sure thing in this world...especially baseball (considering the meltdown in '04...and our lack of championships the last 6 years for a team that "should win it every year")...I would be acting the same way whether they were a "sure thing" or not, I take pride in the teams I root for and devote time and money to and I express that all the time usually in a respectful manner and hopefully some of Sox fans can vouch for me.

Its just good natured jabbing back and forth. Just like we took it in '04 for months..we're giving it right back. Its not to make me feel better about myself...or I do it because I have no guts bgecause my teams a sure thing... its jsut baseball. Its for fun. Baseball is fun. This rivalry is fun. Nothing more and nothing less.

I hope that made sense to you.

Edit: I missed tis part the first time through

Quote:
If this makes you feel good about yourself, I really feel bad for you, because clearly you must fail at all other aspects of your life.
Why would you even say that? Is it supposed to hurt my feelings? I lead an extremely happy life which baseball is a part of. The Yankees are a part of that. If they went 0-162 one year I'd be bummed but I severely doubt my life would crash and burn.

I'm just going to attribute your rant to frustration this weekend or maybe you just have some anger that you need to take out on someone but it doesnt really bother me. You dont know me and I dont know you.

And "clearly" you must fail at all other aspects of life too (although not nearly as much as I do) if you ever feel good about the Red Sox winning. What the hell are you eve talking about? I should stop watching baseball and rooting for the team I grew up with because when they win and I enjoy it my failure of a life is revealed in the fact that my favorite baseball team spends the most money? Your insane. Its a freakin game. How does my team's financial endeavors have any representation on my life or me as a human being? If you think the two correlate at all I suggest you check yourself in somewhere and get help. Seriously your embarassing your felow Red Sox fans with this.

Last edited by deeman11747; 08-21-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:37 PM   #2458
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman11747
Didnt mean to offend... I was just enjoying the series way too much during a crappy weekend.

But its really not fair of you to say that its chicken **** for me to talk smack because my team's a sure thing. How is that my fault? Its not like I hopped on the bandwagon in '96. Both my parents were born in Brooklyn and my grandparents grew up in Brooklyn so my Yankee heritage goes back to the '50's. When I was a kid I rooted for this team while they were an embarassment to baseball and I didnt know if theyd ever be good.

So now that theyve transformed into a powerhouse financially and baseball wise... I'm supposed to stop rooting for them because I'm concerned that other fans are going to call me gutless because my team is a sure thing? Besides the fact that nothing is a sure thing in this world...especially baseball (considering the meltdown in '04...and our lack of championships the last 6 years for a team that "should win it every year")...I would be acting the same way whether they were a "sure thing" or not, I take pride in the teams I root for and devote time and money to and I express that all the time usually in a respectful manner and hopefully some of Sox fans can vouch for me.

Its just good natured jabbing back and forth. Just like we took it in '04 for months..we're giving it right back. Its not to make me feel better about myself...or I do it because I have no guts bgecause my teams a sure thing... its jsut baseball. Its for fun. Baseball is fun. This rivalry is fun. Nothing more and nothing less.

I hope that made sense to you.

Edit: I missed tis part the first time through

Why would you even say that? Is it supposed to hurt my feelings? I lead an extremely happy life which baseball is a part of. The Yankees are a part of that. If they went 0-162 one year I'd be bummed but I severely doubt my life would crash and burn.

I'm just going to attribute your rant to frustration this weekend or maybe you just have some anger that you need to take out on someone but it doesnt really bother me. You dont know me and I dont know you.

And "clearly" you must fail at all other aspects of life too (although not nearly as much as I do) if you ever feel good about the Red Sox winning. What the hell are you eve talking about? I should stop watching baseball and rooting for the team I grew up with because when they win and I enjoy it my failure of a life is revealed in the fact that my favorite baseball team spends the most money? Your insane. Its a freakin game. How does my team's financial endeavors have any representation on my life or me as a human being? If you think the two correlate at all I suggest you check yourself in somewhere and get help. Seriously your embarassing your felow Red Sox fans with this.
We like the Red Sox just as much as you like the Yankee's, and you can probably tell our weekened didn't go so well and then you come in here taking "jabs" at us. Which is more like a swift kick to the balls then a jab. And you came off really cocky and arrogant when you made the comments 2 pages ago. But it's Ok now.

Just trying to say it nicely.

Last edited by Dispatch; 08-21-2006 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:38 PM   #2459
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

We want football! We want football!

Old 08-21-2006, 04:08 PM   #2460
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

Hey I'm sorry about my earlier comments. They were too harsh. All this losing isn't easy for anybody around here. I kinda vented all my frustration out on you (dee) in that post, but you really didn't do anything that warranted that. Sometimes I just get too passionate about this stuff, and it takes a post like you to get my head back on straight.
These are just games, and they aren't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Furthermore, we won a couple years ago, so I really have no reason to be bitter.

*hugs*

And yes, this is the gayest you will ever see me post again, don't get used to it!!

Last edited by GBrushTWood; 08-21-2006 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:16 PM   #2461
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Hey I'm sorry about my earlier comments. They were too harsh. All this losing isn't easy for anybody around here. I kinda vented all my frustration out on you (dee) in that post, but you really didn't do anything that warranted that. Sometimes I just get too passionate about this stuff, and it takes a post like you to get my head back on straight.
These are just games, and they aren't a big dea lin the grand scheme of things. Furthermore, we won a couple years ago, so I really have no reason to be bitter.

*hugs*

And yes, this is the gayest you will ever see me post again, don't get used to it!!

“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2006, 04:28 PM   #2462
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
These are just games, and they aren't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Furthermore, we won a couple years ago, so I really have no reason to be bitter.

*hugs*

I never thought I'd see the day!

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-21-2006, 04:39 PM   #2463
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

*hugs*

No worries man...forgive and forget.

Old 08-21-2006, 04:44 PM   #2464
MVP

OVR: 14

So uh, can we change the scene from an episode of Full House to an episode of the Sox losing another heartbreaker today with the Sox down 2-0?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »