Old 08-24-2006, 11:05 AM   #2497
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
Word from both the papers is that 2006 first round pick (28th overall) Daniel Bard has signed with the Red Sox. Somewhat good news here, and it indicates the organizations' commitment to adding talented young players.
Good news. I figured with him not attending class that they must be close. Not sure if any of you watched him in the College World Series but he throws some serious gas.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:44 PM   #2498
MVP

OVR: 15

I stayed up until the end of the 8th inning and then was knocked out. I felt confident Papelbon would knock them out though.

Watching Foulke pitch well is a really great sign for next year. I would vote to possibly keep Papelbon in the pen another year. With a Foulke/Papelbon combo.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 08-24-2006, 01:12 PM   #2499
All Star

RockyTop1's Arena

OVR: 21

pretty cool 360 faceplate if you ask me
Old 08-24-2006, 06:45 PM   #2500
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Good news. I figured with him not attending class that they must be close. Not sure if any of you watched him in the College World Series but he throws some serious gas.
Great news for sure since he really dropped in our laps. Easiest 98 I've ever seen.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:53 PM   #2501
All Star

OVR: 25

Nice to see they finally won (even though i didn't literally see it). If Manny goes on the DL then second place will be hard to come by in the AL East. I'm glad I won't be awake to watch another Josh (Trash) Beckett outing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 11:31 PM   #2502
MVP

I'm not sure if Beckett is actually pitching well or if he's benefiting from a team of free-swingers because I am peaking in and out. But whatever it is I'll take it.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 08-25-2006, 12:47 AM   #2503
MVP

I've seen it all now.

Coco Crisp has been IBB with runners on 2nd and 3rd and 2 outs.

I don't care who is hitting behind him, he can't be much worse at this point. (Coco is 0-3 thus far). Gladly take it though.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:56 AM   #2504
MVP

Sh*t

Beckett's first good start in ages, and he has to depart in the 7th with a blister problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »