Old 08-29-2006, 09:10 PM   #2537
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid
What do you guys think about trading Wells? I think that we should try to trade him. If we get a couple teams that want him we could probably drive up the price.

If we can I say trade him, he won't be here next year and were not winning so we might as well get the most we can for him which would probably be a mid-level prospect.
I say trade him for whatever you can get. They should be looking to trade anyone who isn't in your plans for next year.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:37 PM   #2538
MVP

OVR: 15

Nice of Beckett to learn to pitch at such an important time in the season.

Big kudos.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 08-30-2006, 12:00 AM   #2539
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

That may have been the most all out extension on a diving catch I can ever remember.... my goodness Coco.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:27 AM   #2540
MVP

Beckett has only allowed 2 runs through six innings. I haven't really been paying close attention to the game, but it looks like he's been lucky to put up this good line. I suppose I judged without knowing all the facts.

46 strikes
34 balls

2 walks and 2 Ks.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 08-30-2006, 08:24 AM   #2541
MVP

OVR: 14

Time to start dragging some positives out of these losses I suppose. That catch from Coco at least rivaled his Leap of Faith, and Beckett mixed his pitches semi-well for once and has looked sharper recently. He needs to carry it into next year.

I heard this morning on ESPN Radio that Theo is trying to shop Boomer to the Dodgers for Matt Kemp
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2006, 12:29 PM   #2542
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
Time to start dragging some positives out of these losses I suppose. That catch from Coco at least rivaled his Leap of Faith, and Beckett mixed his pitches semi-well for once and has looked sharper recently. He needs to carry it into next year.

I heard this morning on ESPN Radio that Theo is trying to shop Boomer to the Dodgers for Matt Kemp
I definitely wouldn't turn him down but do we really need another outfielder?

Manny
Crisp
Pena
Hinske
Kapler?

I suppose he could be used as trade bait, or put in center if Theo and company would like to ship Coco out. Although I don't think it'd be good a look for the team in the eye of (potential) FA's if they send another new acquisition packing because of one poor year.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:33 PM   #2543
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
I definitely wouldn't turn him down but do we really need another outfielder?

Manny
Crisp
Pena
Hinske
Kapler?

I suppose he could be used as trade bait, or put in center if Theo and company would like to ship Coco out. Although I don't think it'd be good a look for the team in the eye of (potential) FA's if they send another new acquisition packing because of one poor year.
I seriously doubt Kapler is in their plans for next year. He just isn't a good player. Also, Hinske is versatile enough that you could keep him as a 5th OF/1B/3B, and a LH bat off the bench.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:50 PM   #2544
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I seriously doubt Kapler is in their plans for next year. He just isn't a good player. Also, Hinske is versatile enough that you could keep him as a 5th OF/1B/3B, and a LH bat off the bench.
That's true, but I'd think going for a pitcher would be a much more sensible thing to do.

But since it's past the deadline I suppose it's just best player avail. mode now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »