Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2006, 06:35 PM   #2577
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Pretty horrible news regarding Jon Lester.

He's been diagnosed with Anaplastic Lymphoma. He'll probably begin chemotherapy in the next week.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 09-01-2006, 06:45 PM   #2578
All Star

OVR: 25

Wow, that sucks. There are worse things one can be diagnosed with, but anything involving chemo is not something that's fun to deal with. I don't know how long he'll have to be on chemo, but I'd guess he won't be pitching next year. What an unfortunate thing to happen at so young in a promising career. At least they caught it early as it isn't really live threatening at this point.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:28 PM   #2579
MVP

Hats off to Kyle Snyder.

His curveball is really nasty tonight. Great job in keeping hitters off balance.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 09-01-2006, 09:42 PM   #2580
MVP

It's now truly not to be believed.

Papelbon exits the game with an apparent shoulder injury.

I have never really seen a team in my short years of watching baseball, hit so hard with injuries.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:43 PM   #2581
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Dear God help us... what else could go wrong with the health of this team?? This by no means is to compare to Jon Lester - God bless man, we're all rooting for you - but now Papelbon walks off to an eery silence. Frankly I'm scared to even think what that could have been...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2006, 09:48 PM   #2582
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
It's now truly not to be believed.

Papelbon exits the game with an apparent shoulder injury.

I have never really seen a team in my short years of watching baseball, hit so hard with injuries.
It's just gotten absurd, and aside from Manny, these aren't nagging injuries. Two guys in the hospital, one of which will be going back for treatment, and now our best pitcher looks like he's just shut himself down. I mean what do you do at this point?
Old 09-01-2006, 09:50 PM   #2583
MVP

Please, please, please, please, please be a pectoral strain.

And like it's been stated before, best wishes to Jon and the entire Lester family.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:02 PM   #2584
Pro

APD0290's Arena

OVR: 7

With the way our luck has been, I would be absolutely shocked if this is anything less than a torn rotator cuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »