Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2006, 08:39 PM   #2697
All Star

OVR: 25
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

If the Sox truely only have about 25 million to play with then they have no shot at Matzusaka (or however his name is spelled) since the rights to speak with him will likely cost at least 15 million. For one team to have him in 2007, it will probably cost them over 25 million. I'll be surprised if he isn't a member of the Yankees come April. I expect them to retain Mussina as well since there's no one better to replace him with. That's a good point made by Gammons (I won't acknowlege Phillips since we all know he couldn't have possibly come up with that on his own) in regards to Sheffield.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:43 PM   #2698
Rookie

OVR: 5

Do you think the Sox would actually want Sheff? Sure he has the offensive pop but at what cost? Seems like that money would be better spent on a top tier starter

Nomar's homer off Pedro. Those four words just shouldn't go together. Not even on a day like 6/6/6. ~Bill Simmons
Old 10-12-2006, 09:20 AM   #2699
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMass03
Do you think the Sox would actually want Sheff? Sure he has the offensive pop but at what cost? Seems like that money would be better spent on a top tier starter
They need a right fielder. Do you like the thought of Wily Mo navigating right field in Fenway next year? Me neither. Sheffield or Carlos Lee.

It'd be tough to cheer on Sheffield because he appears to be a douchebag, though. Still, he seems like the best option at this point.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #2700
Rookie

OVR: 4

I believe that Seattle is already offering 30 mil to negotiate a contract for the Japanese pitcher.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:11 PM   #2701
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
They need a right fielder. Do you like the thought of Wily Mo navigating right field in Fenway next year? Me neither. Sheffield or Carlos Lee.

It'd be tough to cheer on Sheffield because he appears to be a douchebag, though. Still, he seems like the best option at this point.
I'm sentimental so I would like Trot in right. Agreed that Sheff is an ***

Nomar's homer off Pedro. Those four words just shouldn't go together. Not even on a day like 6/6/6. ~Bill Simmons
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2006, 12:37 PM   #2702
MVP

OVR: 15

I'd throw up if I saw Sheffield in right.

Their was a little blurb on rotoworld about the GM of the Reds probably looking to dump Adam Dunn to cut down on team K's (foolish I think) so he could be an option.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 10-15-2006, 11:22 PM   #2703
Rookie

OVR: 4

A fair trade for Dunn would be.

Dunn

for

Youk
Hansen or Delcarmen
Single A prospect

Dunn can play first and bat behind Manny, we just resign Trot or another rf to go with Willy Mo.

Lineup

Crisp
2b/ss
Ortiz
Manny
Dunn
Trot/Willy Mo
Vartiek
Lowell
2b/ss
Old 10-17-2006, 07:52 PM   #2704
Rookie

Theo and the Sox have inked a deal. No specifics on length, $$$, etc...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »