Home

Boston Red Sox - 2006

This is a discussion on Boston Red Sox - 2006 within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2006, 06:54 PM   #2729
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Boras said the rumors weren't true, and I'd still be completely shocked if they were true. So far only one source has mentioned it, and. Paying $40 million to negotiate, and then paying at least that much again to sign a player who has never pitched in the majors doesn't seem like a Theo like move.

And I had heard before that the reason we don't know who won yet is that the Lions were still deciding whether to accept the bid because they weren't happy with them. I don't know why they'd have to think over $40 million.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:14 PM   #2730
Rookie

OVR: 4

I believe that Newsday is also reporting it. I have not seen Boras denying it. I'll just wait till Monday to see who won the auction.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #2731
Rookie

If the Lions dont take a big they get nothing for him when he leaves next season. He is not staying with them long term and they are in need of money. They might not like the big number they got, but they will take it because they have too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2006, 10:03 AM   #2732
Rookie

What is the deal with the Lugo. I really don't see why A-Gon can't stay. A better defense equals to better pitchers.

I really see the Sox now going to sign Drew and then end up trading either Coco or Wily Mo and prospects for a closer.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:33 PM   #2733
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

I read an article last night by Buster Olney saying that Manny is becoming a bargain because players like Soriano and Lee will probably sign big contracts and will be getting payed close to Manny money per year and Manny will put up better numbers then those guys. Rumor Central also shows the Rangers being interested in Manny.

I think if were going to trade Manny before his contract is up this offseason would be the best time to do it. Mannys stock is high and there are a few teams out there looking for a good offensive bat and Manny is starting to look like he will put up the best production for the money.

I have no idea what will happen this offseason, but things could get interesting.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:38 PM   #2734
Rookie

I heard that Buster said the Sox and Rangers were talking about Manny. Maybe Texiera (doubt it) or Young and prospects.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:38 PM   #2735
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_sports_rule
What is the deal with the Lugo. I really don't see why A-Gon can't stay. A better defense equals to better pitchers.

I really see the Sox now going to sign Drew and then end up trading either Coco or Wily Mo and prospects for a closer.
I heard a rumor A-Gon was offered 3 years, 15 mil. I'd rather have Lugo if we'd have to pay that price to keep Gonzalez.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2006, 08:23 PM   #2736
All Star

OVR: 25

The Sox need more offense, and need another solid OBP kind of guy (Lugo isn't the answer there, though he provides more offense) so I don't see Gonzo coming back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »