Home

Old 04-11-2006, 04:55 PM   #353
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Damon with the K with runners on 1st and 2nd. 2 outs 7-6 Royals
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-11-2006, 04:56 PM   #354
MVP

**** Derek Jeter
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-11-2006, 04:57 PM   #355
All Star

OVR: 25

Who cares? It's April. I could care less what the Yankees are doing at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2006, 04:59 PM   #356
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
Who cares? It's April. I could care less what the Yankees are doing at this point.

You pick up games when you can. Especially if a cupcake team like the Royals can get one from them. The games played in April count the same as the ones played in September.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:00 PM   #357
All Star

OVR: 25

There's still no sense in turning the Red Sox thread into a running gamelog for the Yankees in April. Any Sox fan expecting the Yankees to lose to the Royals today is far too optimistic anyways, even when they were down.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:03 PM   #358
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
There's still no sense in turning the Red Sox thread into a running gamelog for the Yankees in April. Any Sox fan expecting the Yankees to lose to the Royals today is far too optimistic anyways, even when they were down.

Losing by 3 in the bottom of the 8th inning would give a little reason to be optimistic that they could possibly lose that game. Vs. any team. But whatever.

I'll try not to turn this in to a running Yankee game thread....
Old 04-11-2006, 05:04 PM   #359
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Manny with the catch!

(trying to get it back on topic, lol)
Old 04-11-2006, 05:11 PM   #360
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with Beckett. In both his starts, he hasn't had his best stuff early but has minimized damage and still been able to go 7. He's gonna be scary when he starts cruising.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »