Home

Old 04-12-2006, 09:52 PM   #409
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

If seen, please call the Boston Red Sox front office.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-12-2006, 10:19 PM   #410
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Willy Mo got his first HR
Old 04-12-2006, 11:09 PM   #411
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Wells was throwing fastballs slower then Foulke tonight . I don't think he really wants to play baseball anymore and he's just doing it to get the money before he retires. But I feal confident in Clement tommorow to come out with a good outing, then we move on to the Mariners who are struggling once again this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2006, 11:13 PM   #412
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Wells' career is basically done. It looked like he was throwing batting practice.

I don't really like the Crisp signing when the Sox have a young, good OF'er right there on the club. Perhaps they'll use Stern as trade bait down the line sometime.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 04-12-2006, 11:18 PM   #413
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Pena....Crisp...Stern could be a good OF too, remember. Manny isn't getting any younger and said once this contract runs out he's done...and thats if he makes it through it in Boston, and Nixon wont be around long with all these injuries.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:53 PM   #414
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
Pena....Crisp...Stern could be a good OF too, remember. Manny isn't getting any younger and said once this contract runs out he's done...and thats if he makes it through it in Boston, and Nixon wont be around long with all these injuries.
As quirky as Manny, if he can make another 26-30 million for three more years of playing I think he'll do it. So I wouldn't be too sure that he's gone when his contract runs out. The thing may be that he isn't going to re-up with the Sox, but rather another AL team that could use a DH.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-13-2006, 12:06 AM   #415
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
As quirky as Manny, if he can make another 26-30 million for three more years of playing I think he'll do it. So I wouldn't be too sure that he's gone when his contract runs out. The thing may be that he isn't going to re-up with the Sox, but rather another AL team that could use a DH.
Now batting for the New York Yankees... Manny Ramírez...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2006, 02:01 AM   #416
All Star

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Wells' career is basically done. It looked like he was throwing batting practice.

I don't really like the Crisp signing when the Sox have a young, good OF'er right there on the club. Perhaps they'll use Stern as trade bait down the line sometime.
Stern's a nice player, but he's not Coco Crisp. He still has a lot to prove.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »