Home

Old 04-13-2006, 09:21 PM   #433
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid
Inning over hopefully Lilly got cold over the long wait and we can take advantage. Anyone notice the clock on this site if off a little bit?

I think they were having a problem with the clock a while back. Dunno why though.

I hate it when we make these average pitchers look like Cy Clemens out on the mound. It's pretty ridiculous.

And I am glad to see Clement is still with us. I got scared somebody was using his body as an alien host in his last start vs. the Orioles.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 04-13-2006, 09:45 PM   #434
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

This is ridiculous. We just can't figure this guy out.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:59 PM   #435
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Our offense has been struggling to score any runs at all lately. Manny and Ortiz need to get going soon, more of Manny then Ortiz though. 9 K's by Lilly as Manny K's.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2006, 11:07 PM   #436
All Star

OVR: 25

Well, at least they didn't go quietly. Manny is killing them by being an almost automatic out in the middle of the order. He just looks horrible at the plate so far. At this point, Wily Mo is having better at-bats.

Foulke looked good, and Tavarez wasn't bad even though he did give up one run. Hopefully they get it going against Seatle.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #437
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
Well, at least they didn't go quietly. Manny is killing them by being an almost automatic out in the middle of the order. He just looks horrible at the plate so far. At this point, Wily Mo is having better at-bats.

Foulke looked good, and Tavarez wasn't bad even though he did give up one run. Hopefully they get it going against Seatle.
Yah Lilly was making him, among others look silly. I havn't seen the Red Sox strike out looking that many times in awhile.

At least vs Seattle, with Schill, Wake and Beckett going, they hopefully won't give a 5 run cushion right off the bat. I'm going Saturday and Sunday.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:59 PM   #438
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Yea Im thinking we should win our next 2 series. Hopefully Manny can get going to.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:03 AM   #439
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid
Hopefully Manny can get going to.
I may hate the Red Sox (not as much as the Yankees) but I really hope Manny gets it going. It's always sad to see a star player struggling so much. On the Jays feed Pat Tabler noticed that Manny's timing is WAY off. He's doing his leg kick after the pitch is thrown when he usually does so just as the pitcher is releasing the ball.

It's really messing him up big time.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 04-14-2006, 08:35 AM   #440
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I may hate the Red Sox (not as much as the Yankees) but I really hope Manny gets it going. It's always sad to see a star player struggling so much. On the Jays feed Pat Tabler noticed that Manny's timing is WAY off. He's doing his leg kick after the pitch is thrown when he usually does so just as the pitcher is releasing the ball.

It's really messing him up big time.
Manny will break out of it. He always has these stretches where he's a little bit off, but then something will click and he'll go on a tear for 3 months. He started slow last year as well. Didn't hit his 1st HR until April 16th, and was hitting .222 with 4 RBI at the time. He broke out of it though and ended the month at .274 with 7 HR's and 25 RBI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »